BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Any Turbo Experts? Martin F?

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:32 pm

What the hell is going on here? I have never seen a turbo application here before? What is the point/benefit?

Here is the car in question.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/430-CLK-Merce ... 43c54e7576
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Re: Any Turbo Experts? Martin F?

Postby darrenbiggs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 pm

It's an American idea. Yeee and indeed ha....

Designed for people with large bloated V8s and cart springs that don't worry about lag and want to install a turbo on the cheap without paying for expensive manifolds and wotnot.

Or to put it another way, same people who voted for that nice Missus Palin, she sure is purty. Ah bet she smells real nice too, all soap and fancy French perfoom. Yes mam. I'm a gonna get me one of those V8 turbo veeehiccles and go hunt me down some Duke Boys.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:47 am

Scary stuff...Here's a diy guide to remote turbos....bit beyond my DIY level that's for sure...

http://www.junkyardturbos.com/Rear-Mount-Turbo.php

On small European cars and British roads...i suspect you'd just see bits of turbo, pipes, and oil rolling down the road in your rear view after the first speed bump....a very remote turbo..

(Though if anyone fancies putting together a kit on my V6 avantime..that could be amusing/scary..engine bay is a bit tight..but room underneath for the gubbins at the back.)
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:55 am

There was an article in a magazine a few years back (practical performance car I think) about a guy that did this to a Pug. I think it was a 205 but can't remember. The guy had very little money and did a 'garden shed' job on it but it went like stink.
The reporter (and the owner and all his mates that had driven the car) said that the lag wasn't bad and put some of that down to the benefit of the temperature of the charge being much cooler.
I don't remember anything else (I'm quite impressed with myself that I remembered that much!). :thinking
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada

• Advertisement