User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

XH558 - God of Fire

Postby darrenbiggs » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:36 am

Well that's it. I've seen my beloved Vulcan fly twice in a week now. First was at Shoreham with the kids on Sat, all very sombre after the tragic accident witnessed with the Hunter - so just a single quiet 'salute' pass in memory of the people involved; the only plane allowed in about an hour or so after the accident.

Sadly that meant I hadn't got to see it perform, so yesterday off to Clacton just to hear a Vulcan howl one more time.

I haven't got a good enough camera to do it justice, but happily others do so here's a video from Beachy Head from this year - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6bZ2Kzaj8

Yesterday though, a bit like Charles Foster Kane and Rosebud, I was 7 again and standing on Watergate Bay seeing them clear the coast as they left the St Mawgan base....

This must have been even more spectacular back in the day.

It still has some shows to do, so if you want to see it now's the time as 2015 is the final year of flight.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Re: XH558 - God of Fire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:01 pm

Utterly awesome. Seen the Vulcan a few times (the last being at Carfest at Cholmondeley a couple of years back) and it never fails to impress. Sad to see things like this and the Concorde are all but extinct.

Ahead of their time. :super :super
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Re: XH558 - God of Fire

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:57 am

I'm just here for the gasoline.

• Advertisement