Keith Hall

Rank

Non Member

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Brighton, East Sussex

24 hours Le Mans

Postby Keith Hall » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Never been before and planning on going next year

Been doing some on-line research but anyone been and want to share some practical hints and tips?

Ta

Keith :up
Just a Yellow Sport Spider...... ::N ::I ::C ::E
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Re: 24 hours Le Mans

Postby eastlmark » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:26 pm

All hotels will all ready be booked up, camping will soon follow- especially the good ones.

Its pretty much a whole week event from scrutineering in the town centre on the Monday before and practice Wednesday and Thursday evenings- these are the best times to get a good look around and see all the cars before the mad crowds arrive for the weekend.

Some of the camping can get pretty rough with those who just go there for a beer or 100. If family camping would suggest a site in the area and drive in. You will need to have a car park ticket though regardless.
You can buy tickets on the gate, although not so easy to park without an advance car park ticket. The general ticket covers all the days of track action.
Personally I wouldn't bother with a grandstand ticket, but plenty do.

Take a FM radio and earphones to hear the commentary on Radio Le mans to have any idea of whats happening in the race.

Its a long drive there... not as far as Macon but allow 5 hours or so at best, a lot more for the scenic route. Don't rush back Sunday night.

Sure others will come up with stuff but fire away with any questions you have.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:37 am

Have you considered the LeMans classic ??
...maybe a club event ? Just a thought..a bit more civilized..and to my mind more interesting in terms of the variety of cars..
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:21 am

I think there is a tram system these days. I imaging it goes from the town centre out to the circuit. So you might not need a car park ticket if you use the public transport.

Stephen has booked trips before, even last minute ones, and the camping has been good.
Rupert is a main man, I think he has Le Mans in his veins and has been nearly every year.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A

• Advertisement