2006 SUZUKI SV1000
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 pm

well if they can convert one of these.. then it is possible to do an Alpine, when the price of Petrol gets too much! We have hope!
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:27 pm

At £70k, petrol will have to go up an awful lot!
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 am

70K is for the full car not the conversion??
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:39 am

How much do standard Deloreans go for?
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

Paul Tindall

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 am

Postby Paul Tindall » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Alpineandy wrote:How much do standard Deloreans go for?

Well, it depends what you mean by 'standard'! Let's say reasonable condition, left hand drive, average mileage for year, running, MOTd, maybe some electrical issues (windows/aircon dodgy perhaps) then somewhere in the region of £16K. I'm taking advice from my son who is the current editor of the UK DeLorean Owners Club magazine and he quite rightly says that condition will make a big difference to value, as will mileage. Also, whilst they may look the same on the face of it, there are many variations, with some being quite unique. The better ones these days can easily be worth mid-£20Ks or even more (in the UK).

RHD versions tend to go for more (unlike Alpine equivalents!), but you should be aware that there were no factory RHD vehicles - they were converted from LHD models by a company called Wooler-Hodec. Some folks have done their own conversions. The RHD versions have a certain 'following', and they are fine for what they are if you like your pedals somewhat 'offset'! All DeLoreans were built with a LHD chassis - so some of us don't really see why RHD versions should command the premium they can since they are just LHD conversions (complex though the conversion might have been!).

In sum, there is really no such thing as a 'standard' DeLorean, indeed some afficionados would argue that of the 8500 or so that were made, there were actually 8500 versions!

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

PT
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Postby Trevor Skedge » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:11 am

I assume Alpineandy is talking about new cars from DMC in USA. I thought they were circa £50k. I think they are remanufactured with a mix of new and refurbished parts.

Trevor.
no avatar
User

Paul Tindall

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 am

Postby Paul Tindall » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:00 am

Trevor Skedge wrote:I assume Alpineandy is talking about new cars from DMC in USA. I thought they were circa £50k. I think they are remanufactured with a mix of new and refurbished parts.

Trevor.

Well if he is, that is about the most expensive way to buy any DeLorean! Have a look at the DeLorean One site - refurbed DeLoreans for nearly $77K - add the import duty to that and you have a very expensive toy, probably significantly more than £50K if you were to bring one over here....

DMC (Humble) don't actually quote yet for their 'New Build' programme - but their 'new' cars will undoubtedly be expensive too - on a par with DeLorean One's. Their 'pre-owned cars are typically $30-$50K.
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Postby Trevor Skedge » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:33 am

Yes I was only talking about the raw cost of the car without import taxes etc. with that added I guess £65k by the time it's home, maybe a little more if they can quote RHD. Not sure that that's unreasonable given the cost of small volume manufacture for a very individual car. However I would try and find the very best low mileage original car I could for half that cost.

Trevor.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:30 pm

I was trying to suggest that the money difference between a standard 'petrol' car and an electric car would mean that petrol would have to be multiples more expensive to make anyone (other than image/fashion victims/GreenWash gullibles) think seriously about it.
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Postby Trevor Skedge » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:26 pm

I agree it's not a decision made on economy, more desirability. The same is true of other cars such as the Fisker or Tesla.

Trevor.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Petrol

Postby si21 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 am

Alpineandy wrote:At £70k, petrol will have to go up an awful lot!

Yep Andy another couple of pence and well be there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Si21 :roll:

• Advertisement