GT40 - but what's that under the hood...?

Chat about VENTURI, Delorean & Kitcars

Moderators: eastlmark, PaulC1959, PaulyA610, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

GT40 - but what's that under the hood...?

Postby Dave Williams » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:49 pm

gt40prv.JPG

gt40.JPG

This seems like good value....looks quite well put together - though it pains me to say that the PRV would probably need to go for a V8 lump....probably explains the modest price.

But if you wanted a PRV to put back in a 310 I'm sure you could re-use the engine and those webers. (think it's from a Talbot Tagora).

Goes under the hammer 12th March...Brooklands
there is an Avantime up too...
http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2016-03-12/cars/ref-52-1992-ford-gt40-mkiii.aspx?p=
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: GT40 - but what's that under the hood...?

Postby Custard » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Looks cheap but when you read it, he has put a double bulkhead in as it's only a V6 so you would have to cut the whole rear bulkhead out to put V8 in, Weld new engine mountings in, change all the pipework oil coolers ect, big job. Plus I would not want to drive one of those without air-conditioning and it's on a Q plate which just tells everyone that it's a kitcar not that appealing to most people.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:26 pm

Custard wrote:Looks cheap but when you read it, he has put a double bulkhead in as it's only a V6 so you would have to cut the whole rear bulkhead out to put V8 in, Weld new engine mountings in, change all the pipework oil coolers ect, big job. Plus I would not want to drive one of those without air-conditioning and it's on a Q plate which just tells everyone that it's a kitcar not that appealing to most people.

Yes..any V8 conversion would cost a bit indeed.

I think I'm getting soft too..and would want AC....but not sure you could fit the compressor in...(in the 'normal' spot) if you could then maybe easier to retrofit AC in this than a GTA as evaporator options should be plentiful.

The real reason "I'm out" is I have 2 GTAs and many rotting windows at home to replace...if I came home with this I sense I would be banished permanently to the shed/doghouse.
I don't think the "it's an investment.. consider it a part of our pension fund..." argument would wash...
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Postby Custard » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Yep LOL
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Dave Williams wrote:
Custard wrote:Looks cheap but when you read it, he has put a double bulkhead in as it's only a V6 so you would have to cut the whole rear bulkhead out to put V8 in, Weld new engine mountings in, change all the pipework oil coolers ect, big job. Plus I would not want to drive one of those without air-conditioning and it's on a Q plate which just tells everyone that it's a kitcar not that appealing to most people.

Yes..any V8 conversion would cost a bit indeed.

I think I'm getting soft too..and would want AC....but not sure you could fit the compressor in...(in the 'normal' spot) if you could then maybe easier to retrofit AC in this than a GTA as evaporator options should be plentiful.

The real reason "I'm out" is I have 2 GTAs and many rotting windows at home to replace...if I came home with this I sense I would be banished permanently to the shed/doghouse.
I don't think the "it's an investment.. consider it a part of our pension fund..." argument would wash...

Dave, Be more positive mate, try it and see, you dont know what could happen, you can sometimes be amazed by women :crazy
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:41 am

Yeh Dave ..grow a pair ffs :wave but not that ...get on that Texas Pantera hunt :up
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:24 am

You are all absolutely right - I need to be able to express myself with ridiculous vehicles. I think that is a basic human right.

Besides - I am long overdue a mid-life crisis - this could be just the thing to precipitate this.

Thanks for the life coaching...!!
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:39 am

Got just the thing Dave for cruising in the Cobra.

1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Postby Custard » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:13 pm

I try not to go to auctions as I always come back with something, and two days later wonder why the bloody hell I bought it. However I have been thinking about a Pantera for a couple of years as they are awesome the Cobra eater. Two years ago you could buy a good one for 30 grand they've doubled and more. But as I've just got my Aircon going I'm cool :geek:
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:43 pm

This sold for 31k....about twice the auctioneers 'estimate'....still cheaper than a real one...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Postby Custard » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:29 pm

That's madness is that plus auctioneers fees and vat. If so they have just had their :Butt
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:06 pm

I did not go to the auction..but looked it up. I'm guessing the hammer price was 28k.....as all the results are all multiples of 1.12 (i.e. 10% buyers commission and 20% vat)...indeed a strong price for a kitcar..albeit a nice one.

• Advertisement