User

ThamesCarStorage

Rank

Non Member

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Abingdon

MVS Venturi fuel pump help needed

Postby ThamesCarStorage » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Help. My Venturi 200 died the other day, with clee's help the fuel pump is the definite problem. After many happy hours of knuckle removal last night I now have the tank and pump removed. Its a tall tank and has an ally tube to reach the bottom of the tank. At the bottom of the tube is the offending, non-functioning pump (pictures attached).
I am obviously looking to replace it but am struggling. It has VDO as the maker but no helpful model number. It will presumably have to deliver the high 5 bar output like a GTA turbo. Any offers?

Tristan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

ThamesCarStorage

Rank

Non Member

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Abingdon

Re: MVS Venturi fuel pump help needed

Postby ThamesCarStorage » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Identification solved and part on order.

Tony Bouchet at Extreme Limite has identified and is supplying the replacement pump, and the Venturi will live.

In case anyone comes across this post in the future with a similar problem: the pump pictured above is in the tank and is solely a lift pump to get the fuel from the tank to the main high pressure pump which is bolted to the engine.

We are not sure of the pump's origins (maybe E21 BMW?) but Tony has a replacement with the same fittings. The replacement is not identical and needs a new nylon(?) insert in the base of the ally tube with a different inner bore to fit the new pump. Total cost about 320 Euros. Be aware that if your pump runs, but no fuel is coming from the tank, the pipe that connects the pump to the top of the tank can come adrift, helpfully recirculating fuel about the tank. The pump can be removed from the nylon by carefully tapping it out downwards.

Then only the fun of replacing the fuel tank...
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Well done Tristan. Glad to hear you have solved your problem. :up
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
no avatar
User

ewan

Rank

Non Member

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Dorset

Postby ewan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Tristan - I take it you got my "when in doubt, ask Tony" email! Glad to hear the problem is resolved.

• Advertisement