Forum clean up

If you have a question about the website, including how to use or find a feature, please check these posts or add your own question.

When reporting an issue, please try to include details that will help to track it down. including Device information (PC, mac, Tablet, Phone etc) and what browser you are using including its version number.

If you need to contact an Administrator, please email mail@renaultalpine.co.uk

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

Forum rules
If you have a question about the website, including how to use or find a feature, please check these posts or add your own question.

When reporting an issue, please try to include details that will help to track it down. including Device information (PC, mac, Tablet, Phone etc) and what browser you are using including its version number.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Forum clean up

Postby eastlmark » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm

any chance of a forum clean up? unpinning out dated events and announcements? For example. Macon 2016 currently sits way above Macon 2018.

Literally 100's of new views every day (approaching 2000 on one thread in just 3 days.....) a lot of new players turning up here due to the new car and perhaps they need to see a more professional club that they may want to join?
Just my opinion and maybe older club members don't want to attract the new car owners.... UK could do without a 3rd owners club but will happen if we do not clean up the act a bit. That includes dodgy avatars. If the club were to become "official" then seeing a huge picture of a lady getting her ass slapped is not setting a great example.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Re: Forum clean up

Postby simontaylor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Yes :-)
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Not to stir the shit again but if you want an 'official' club then we need to see it run as such...every time I and others have mentioned the failings we get slapped down with...It's Steve's club.
I was last informed it was a business rather than a club.
List of officials?
Accounts?
Yadadadadada

My asp is the least of the problems but if an 'Official' tells me to remove it then I will.
I also notice a lot of the old boys are no longer members.Now whether that's to do with the fact that Vince no longer runs the website or not I don't know.

PS .....I'm a lowly non-member ...the Competition Sec/Mod has a titty avatar but mines the one that gets a mention....Perhaps that's because I'm always on here offering advice and help :Butt :MoreSarc
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm

I'm sure what will happen in the UK is that you will get a year's ROC membership automatically included when buying a new car. Notice they have adopted the Alpine logo now.

Most of the car clubs that are doing well are run as businesses and have been for some time.

List of officials definitely overdue an update though.

Any mods should be able to edit sticky's and announcements OK. I'll take a look as well.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:44 pm

I also notice a lot of the old boys are no longer members.Now whether that's to do with the fact that Vince no longer runs the website or not I don't know.

Vince is still there keeping a watchful eye on things. He's just not paying out for the hosting etc.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:57 pm

any chance of a forum clean up? unpinning out dated events and announcements? For example. Macon 2016 currently sits way above Macon 2018

Sorted
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:07 pm

clee wrote:
PS .....I'm a lowly non-member ...the Competition Sec/Mod has a titty avatar but mines the one that gets a mention....Perhaps that's because I'm always on here offering advice and help :Butt :MoreSarc

Luckily the photobucket thing has edited his and yours is somewhat overlarge.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 am

Large ? On phone ? Looks same size as all the others to me.

• Advertisement