User

Teglen

Rank

Non Member

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Near Salisbury, Wiltshire

Re: Origine RS - Saturday 22nd August '15

Postby Teglen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:40 pm

I've had a search around here and also the OrigineRS website but I can't see the standard show/shine (non track) entry/exit times. Or more clearly... what time can I/shall I arrive, what time expect to depart please?

Many thanks, Paul.
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:32 am

Ok well as I "maybe" getting a passenger, I think I will be a little late getting there... 11:30'ish.. so the track crossing access, may be closed by then??? but I'll try my best to fit in / catch up.

Vince..
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:32 am

I live near hear and visit regularly to track days. Normally the tunnel is always open because people have to get to the airfield, they just pull a wooden barrier across for competing cars you can still get in normally.
For visitors they can park on the other side of the track and walk under the pedestrian tunnel, thay may shut that off I suppose, but I doubt it as they like the public to see track days.
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 am

Thank you Mr Custard for the info... Much appreciated.
Looks like I will be collecting a passenger on the way...
Vince..
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:38 am

Just to show that Southerners do post sometimes....

More here
http://s245.photobucket.com/user/metter ... 0RS%202015

Fantastic day, good to catch up with everyone, I hope that you all had quick and uneventful trips home.
Thanks to the organisers too.
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Unfortunatly I never got permission to fly my drone... :down but I did take a few pics plus Florent, my passenger, took a video that hopefully we will get to post up at somepoint!
A great day, and better now I have put a few faces to the names!!
I hope all got home after the unfortunate air crash on the A27. My thoughts go out the those involved.

DSCF0007 2.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Very nice event with even better weather than last year. Big thanks to the whole team for making this happen :up
For me I was on track in the morning,always a privilege to be part of an event at Goodwood. When you think of all the real racing drivers that have competed here it almost doesn't seem real that you can be on circuit too.After a great lunch with Phil and a few others it was on with this years judging.Unfortunately this took all afternoon which left me almost no time for photos this year :( By about 17;20 almost all the cars had gone and the track action had finished.On reflection I feel sorry I have misted this opportunity to show the members that couldn't come what they were missing.I can only hope others had more time and will post up lots of photos of all the great cars and people.
Here are my few photos and i must try harder next year :?

It looked like Stephen had a Photographer taking lots of photos but I can not tell you where you can see them.
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Cracking event this. I had a great time meeting new and old peeps. Likewise I hope everyone got home OK. Myself and Florent flew "Air Alpine" and got home in no time (took 3:15 to do nearly 200 miles with a "monsoon" towards the end so not bad).

Here are some of my pics.

Despite this probably looking like the worst car there in fact it was probably my favourite. Ratlook ftw!

Business as usual for Mr Gamblen

However all that swearing and sweating paid off, he got the 21 working and was flying round the track :up

As stated once I dropped my co-pilot off and got passed Stafford this happened...

More pics here.

http://s170.photobucket.com/user/mvansc ... ood%202015
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Well done Martin some good ones there. How does the 610 handle that rain looks really bad.
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Yes Miles, most of us, "From up Norf!", left when we got news of the air crash and the road closure... We just did not want to get caught up in that! I managed to get on the small back roads, which were beautiful and I drove through some wonderful villages and places I would have never seen otherwise!! The Alpine was at home on those twisty lanes.. but got back in just under three hours, and missed the rain.. Thank God!!

"It looked like Stephen had a Photographer taking lots of photos but I can not tell you where you can see them."
I am guessing that these will show up on the "OrigineRS.com" web site, 2015 gallery???
Maybe Mr Dell will enlighted us to this???
Still this was a great event...
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 pm

Had a brilliant day, nice weather for a change, amazing cars + was great to catch up with everyone and lovely to finally meet jersey John :wave :up

Caught a ride in few very nice cars since I wasn't driving, thanks to all again really enjoyed it.

A few more southern pictures :super

DSC_2701.JPG

DSC_2702.JPG

DSC_2703.JPG

DSC_2704.JPG

DSC_2706.JPG

DSC_2707.JPG

DSC_2708.JPG

DSC_2709.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
no avatar
User

B1RMA

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:55 am

Hampshire

Postby B1RMA » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:14 am

What an excellent event, well done to all those who organised it and what a fabulous selection of cars too.
It was also good to meet again some of the members who went to the 2012 Classic Lemans managed to speak to Paul, Tony and gave Mr Dell the photo I found of him catching a nap after having a McDonalds on one of the days we were there.
User

r5nga

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Guildford, Surrey

Postby r5nga » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:52 am

And thanks to all the OrigineRS team from me too - what a fabulous day all round. Top weather, top track time and another Top Lunch (thanks Miles!!). The balcony in the 'VIP' lounge continues to dish out monstrous static electric bolts, which are still a surprise each time, but that was the only negative comment I think! Even the Noise Police were a little more lenient this year and mostly smiled this time too.

Looking forward to next year already.

PG
Spider. Yellow, obviously.
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:01 am

Well, here we are back home now after another great Origine RS event at Goodwood, and it was once again good to meet up with old and new (well to me anyway) members. So many that I "speak" to on the forum, but don't get much of a chance to meet.
Many thanks to Stephen, Shaun and others for organizing this event once more ..... lets hope it continues. :up
Very well done to Tony Law for winning the "Best Alpine" with his immaculately turned out Le Mans ..... very well deserved. :up
For my part, my Alp did not miss a beat as we continued up to North Wales on the Sunday, but we hit horrendous rain from about Portsmouth through to just North of Oxford when the weather improved and the rest of the trip was OK.
On speaking to some members re: MPG for the Atmo's, I was able to get an average over just under 700 miles starting at the Travelodge on Saturday morning when I had to do a Computer reset due to seeing a 16 gal reading on the computer which I think was caused by my parking the Alp on the flat on the ferry, then before I started the engine once we arrived, what was flat when I parked, turned out to be a ramp which tipped down at some vast angle allowing the cars to drive down from the upper deck to the lower deck. When I switched on, that when I noticed the tank had 16 gals in it. :crazy
Anyway once I had done the reset, it read 11.9 gals which was about right. ....... So mpg ..... 33.3 mpg of all sorts of driving from motorway to traffic jams over 6 days. I don't recon that's too bad.
Now looking forward to next year. :up :up :up

John
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

pgoldsmith

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:14 pm

West Moors, Dorset

Postby pgoldsmith » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Extremely enjoyable event.
It was good to meet up with some old and new faces.
Thanks you to all who organised it.
GTA Turbo 1991 - Stratos blue
PreviousNext

• Advertisement