New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby LMS » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:05 am

Sorry to hear about your problems- I always drive in sport which disables stop/start and in 25,000 miles I've not had any overheating issues (includes multiple trips in the car park that is the m25)

Would be worthwhile getting the alternator checked- I think there are a few bad ones out there and low voltages can cause all sorts of issues.

Have you checked your coolant level - my first check of coolant indicated that the coolant was low- no evidence of loss and no issues since I topped it up.
no avatar
User

MikeA37

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby MikeA37 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:01 pm

hmy7k wrote:Was having a ferret in the engine bay today and I discovered this pipe going into the firewall on the passenger compartment.

From reading the Alpine book it appears this is part of the system they have devised to make the engine sound more sporty I am not sure if this is part of the sports exhaust or the standard. It appears to be on the air intake and presumably is where the induction noise derives from.

This topic is currently active on the Pistonheads, French bred, thread, where many on here also look i guess. However, has anyone on here disconnected, or blanked off, removed the Sound Pipe to the bulkhead?
If so has it caused gremlins?
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Looks like I might be missing one of my track days soon - seems rear brake pads aren't available, on back order, no delivery date. Haven't we go over COVID by now? Not a good sign for the future if we can't get consumables, never mind more esoteric parts.

I know life110 have some uprated pads listed as available soon, but even their delivery date has slipped a couple of times.

Or has anyone managed to find whether the rear pads are actually common with another model? (the front pads seem to be the same as the 197/200 Clio).
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:05 pm

Blimey how many miles have you done they must be good for 40,000, or is it one of the old garage scams when they say your break pads are showing signs off wear, had that a few times well they do as soon as you put your foot on the pedal. Is your light on.
no avatar
User

MikeA37

Rank

Non Member

Postby MikeA37 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:15 pm

JonT wrote:Looks like I might be missing one of my track days soon - seems rear brake pads aren't available, on back order, no delivery date. Haven't we go over COVID by now? Not a good sign for the future if we can't get consumables, never mind more esoteric parts.

I know life110 have some uprated pads listed as available soon, but even their delivery date has slipped a couple of times.

Or has anyone managed to find whether the rear pads are actually common with another model? (the front pads seem to be the same as the 197/200 Clio).

Not sure of details but I see the Life110 pads fit both normal and larger A110 and were developed with EBC? Assume other brand would as well.
Looking at the EBC site they seem to list various A110 pads as being in stock. Had you seen this?
May not be correct fitment or material for you but will share anyway! May help others in a fix.

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/ ... 017-/24390

Think it will be getting discs in the upgraded size that may prove a (costly) challenge in future. Seems standard size are becoming available as aftermarket parts.
no avatar
User

MikeA37

Rank

Non Member

Postby MikeA37 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:35 pm

MikeA37 wrote:
JonT wrote:Looks like I might be missing one of my track days soon - seems rear brake pads aren't available, on back order, no delivery date. Haven't we go over COVID by now? Not a good sign for the future if we can't get consumables, never mind more esoteric parts.

Not sure of details but I see the Life110 pads fit both normal and larger A110 and were developed with EBC? Assume other brand would as well.
Looking at the EBC site they seem to list various A110 pads as being in stock. Had you seen this?
May not be correct fitment or material for you but will share anyway! May help others in a fix.

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/ ... 017-/24390

Think it will be getting discs in the upgraded size that may prove a (costly) challenge in future. Seems standard size are becoming available as aftermarket parts.
no avatar
User

MikeA37

Rank

Non Member

Postby MikeA37 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:39 pm

Also surfed into this.....
https://en.oreca-store.com/pagid-rsl29- ... p-gt4.html
Is the info that the pads are "Suitable for Brembo 07.5139 (type 132 or B13 family)" of calipers helpful in a search for pads?

PASTED FROM THE ORECA SITE:
PAGID RSL29 rear brake pads for Alpine A110, Cup, GT4
These racing brake pads are initially designed for endurance races.
Also, with a constant level of performance accross a wide temperature range, these are the best choice for all kind of application : GT, rally, Trackday.
Low disc wear and long life.
Based on PAGID RSL19 with a higher friction for a better bite, it provides a feeling of comfort while braking.
These brake pads has to be run-in cautiously.

Pads color : Yellow
Suitable for Brembo 07.5139 (type 132 or B13 family)
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:48 am

Custard wrote:Blimey how many miles have you done they must be good for 40,000, or is it one of the old garage scams when they say your break pads are showing signs off wear, had that a few times well they do as soon as you put your foot on the pedal. Is your light on.

No, this is me inspecting them. 15k miles so far including 3 track days and most of it is fun driving. I killed a set of front pads (Life110) in 5000 miles including 1 track day (down to the wear markers - again changing them myself). The rears have probably got 1 track day left in them but I've got 2 coming up.

Thanks Mike for those pointers - didn't occur to me to try EBC (despite knowing that's who Life110 are working with), I'm not normally a fan but any port in a storm and all that. I did see the cup pads a while back but wasn't sure if they were for standard calipers.

I've got the "little" discs which are pretty cheap, and had no issues running out of brakes at a warm Anglesey track day recently despite being on the shorter Coastal circuit and repeated breaking into the hairpin from ~120mph down to 45mph. But I have changed the fluid to RBF600.
no avatar
User

JohnH

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Postby JohnH » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:11 pm

completely random question, apologies for interrupting the conversation - how many keys (ie. the Renault card fob thing) did you get with your A110?

I remember there being a spare leather key card holder but not an actual spare key, was wondering if I've misplaced it somewhere
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:49 pm

JohnH wrote:completely random question, apologies for interrupting the conversation - how many keys (ie. the Renault card fob thing) did you get with your A110?

I remember there being a spare leather key card holder but not an actual spare key, was wondering if I've misplaced it somewhere

I have 2 keys and 2 leather holders.
no avatar
User

JohnH

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Postby JohnH » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:57 pm

JonT wrote:I have 2 keys and 2 leather holders.

thanks, I better have a look around!
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:33 am

yes, two keys and two leather holders.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:23 am

JonT wrote:
Custard wrote:Blimey how many miles have you done they must be good for 40,000, or is it one of the old garage scams when they say your break pads are showing signs off wear, had that a few times well they do as soon as you put your foot on the pedal. Is your light on.

No, this is me inspecting them. 15k miles so far including 3 track days and most of it is fun driving. I killed a set of front pads (Life110) in 5000 miles including 1 track day (down to the wear markers - again changing them myself). The rears have probably got 1 track day left in them but I've got 2 coming up.

Thanks Mike for those pointers - didn't occur to me to try EBC (despite knowing that's who Life110 are working with), I'm not normally a fan but any port in a storm and all that. I did see the cup pads a while back but wasn't sure if they were for standard calipers.

I've got the "little" discs which are pretty cheap, and had no issues running out of brakes at a warm Anglesey track day recently despite being on the shorter Coastal circuit and repeated breaking into the hairpin from ~120mph down to 45mph. But I have changed the fluid to RBF600.

<grump> Despite EBC listing stock on the website and confirming to me yesterday they definitely had Greenstuff (after yellowstuff didn't actually have stock when I placed an order on Friday), they don't have stock of greenstuff either. And the website still shows available :down
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:11 am

So it's a lazy renault problem. A friend of mine in France on another forum (who is also an Alpine owner) has just been to his dealer and picked up a set of rear pads off the shelf which he's going to post me. :up
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:55 pm

Unfortunately Renault UK is not the same company as Renault globally, its a UK distributor and a separate company.
They only sell part of the Renault range and the old Alpine owners know that Renault UK's support of Alpine has not been as strong as we would like, with delays for spares being a historic problem. I thought they had sorted this for the new Alpine.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement