New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby JonT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:28 pm

mettersl wrote:Unfortunately Renault UK is not the same company as Renault globally, its a UK distributor and a separate company.
They only sell part of the Renault range and the old Alpine owners know that Renault UK's support of Alpine has not been as strong as we would like, with delays for spares being a historic problem. I thought they had sorted this for the new Alpine.

Perhaps it's a shame I'm not on social media. A nice twitter pic once they arriving showing it's nothing to do with supply issues, and shaming Renault UK. Lotus are notorious for this kind of issue, and as I said earlier I had it in the back of my mind more esoteric parts might suffer, but for service parts it's inexcusable. And will hurt the cars value and deter future owners in years to come. But then again, it's hardly been a roaring sales success in the UK, unlike France. I wonder how Japan/Aus markets are doing and whether we'll see them drop RHD cars?
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:22 am

JonT wrote:But then again, it's hardly been a roaring sales success in the UK, unlike France. I wonder how Japan/Aus markets are doing and whether we'll see them drop RHD cars?

I think I read a social media post this week from an Australian owner, reporting that Alpine are pulling out of Aus.

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:09 am

cloudburst wrote:
JonT wrote:But then again, it's hardly been a roaring sales success in the UK, unlike France. I wonder how Japan/Aus markets are doing and whether we'll see them drop RHD cars?

I think I read a social media post this week from an Australian owner, reporting that Alpine are pulling out of Aus.

CB

I also read an article saying the same thing. From memory, something to do with forthcoming safety regulations in Australia that the car would not be able to meet without significant design changes. Low sales volume in Australia presumably making it not feasible to comply.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:26 am

1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:30 am

alpine_ecosse wrote:My first long road trip to France. Two serious issues, the first was a complete power down on my first stop after a couple of hundred motorway miles. Went through a full restart procedure and it lit up again. De-activated start/stop to avoid happening again. This may have contributed to the major issue. A full shut down in slow traffic that brought central Reims to a halt for 30 minutes!! Engine over heated without start stop in slow moving traffic. Should not happen in a modern car. Anyone else experienced this?

I remembered this post yesterday after booking mine in for it's 2 year service. Apparently I'm due a fuel pump replacement as part of a recall - symptoms may include being unable to start. Did you get to the bottom of your issue?

It looks like a bad auto translation, but I found this article referencing it:
https://www.byri.net/2021/09/07/alpine- ... -replaced/
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:21 am

Lovely track day at Anglesey yesterday with Circuit days. Who would have bet on a mild and sunny day in Wales in December? Image

Sadly that's probably my last big outing in the Alpine; some other stuff going on in life means it will be up for sale soon. It's been a cracking 2 years. Will post on FS here and maybe 1 other place, but then it's likely to go SoR with a dealer as I don't have the time/energy to deal with a private sale and tyre kickers.
no avatar
User

Dan L

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:10 am

Postby Dan L » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:33 am

Picked up my 2018 PE a few weeks back, and really liking it.
Have bought a couple of small Aerolite cabin cases which just fit in the front luggage compartment, so now ready to tour (when L actually get a chance to drive it because my wife has really taken to it). Next plan is a personalised plate, but cant find anything that grabs me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 A110 Premiere Edition
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:12 pm

Been a bit quiet in here lately! Car never sold, so still got it and enjoying it :D

I'm just back from a 2500 mile jaunt around Scotland. Car now up to 27000 miles, and going for its 3 year service and first MOT next week. Only one minor hiccup - threw an injector fault ("Check injectors" on the dash and yellow spanner) and went into limp mode at one point. Turning off/on again reset it, but has anyone else had it? Obviously I'll mention to the dealer for the service.

Roads nice and empty this late in the season - very mucky, but still mild-ish. Sometimes wet, sometimes dry.

Scenery thoroughly epic as ever. Hard not to stop every 5 mins for pics!
Skye:

Somewhere north of that

Glen Docherty (not my first time here!)

Further north still....

North of Ullapool, heading for Kylesku. Lovely late afternoon light

Stunning rainbox on the run back down towards Lairg:
no avatar
User

alpine_ecosse

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Postby alpine_ecosse » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:41 pm

Near side mirror won’t fold. After pursuing with Alpine they say they will cover 60% of cost of repair. Internal component failure. Still leaves me with over £300 to pay. Although out of warranty this seems a pretty fundamental component failure for a modern car.

Haven’t responded yet. Anyone else had this failure and any advice?
no avatar
User

mneil

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Postby mneil » Thu May 25, 2023 12:03 pm

https://www.fortop-wireharness.com/products.aspx?id=250

FT014HAY-L
This is the replacement actuator for the wing mirror. Simple enough to access the part; prise off the glass, push off the cover g from the inside and the screws later.
I have sent them an email asking to purchase two, will post the reply
Previous

• Advertisement