Petehuws

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 pm

North Wales

GTA bonnet release woes

Postby Petehuws » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi lads,
I came to open my bonnet earlier to notice the front cable was slack on the bonnet release cabin cam wheel, no sweat I thought, however it now looks like the cable, or now both may have dropped off the under bonnet release wheels, both cables are accessible from inside the cabin but have no give on either when pulled.
I spotted a post for a 300 here but unable to see anything that may help me a common 87 GTA Atmo owner. Many thanks Pete.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Re: GTA bonnet release woes

Postby clee » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:29 am

Hi Pete.

If you feel in the top of the wheel arch you will find 3 m6 nuts...two near outer edge and 1 in the turret top metalwork.
Undo these and the plate that holds the lock mech will be loose. You will probably snap a few studs but bonnet will open.
no avatar
User

Petehuws

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 pm

North Wales

Postby Petehuws » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:29 pm

Hi Clee,

Many, many thanks.. I stumbled upon the tip to remove, (or to shear off to be more precise) the X3 nuts yesterday, however I sheared the 3 that were visable, (one was incorrect), not knowing that magic third was actually in the suspension turret, (thank you for mentioning that), after that one was away we were home dry, the bonnet came up & all sorted in time for a bit of TV, packet of crisps, & cup of tea before bedtime.

Many thanks again buddy

Pete
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:39 pm

You’ll need to get used to shearing nuts lol!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement