Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

New A110 - alarm disable for ferry?

Postby JonT » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:21 am

Quarantines etc permitting, I might be off to france soon for a few days. Looking at the alarm extra handbook, it says that turning ignition on/off 3 times rapidly should result in the motion sensor being disabled, signalled by the alarm beeping 3 times when you lock the car again to indicate success. I've tried this a few times, but get no confirmation beeps, just the normal 2 flashes when you lock.

Am I missing something? It does seem that the engine start/stop button doesn't turn the ignition off, only on - locking the car then shuts down the screens. There's another technique putting the card into a slot, but I think I'd have to pull off a trim panel to do that which seems a bit inelegant.

Any ideas gratefully appreciate before I end up in Calais with a flat battery. I realise one option would be to lock the car manually with the physical key, but that only seems to operate on the passenger door.

thanks,

Jon
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Re: New A110 - alarm disable for ferry?

Postby cloudburst » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:28 am

Note this works only by using the button on the key-card and not the button on the door.

Hold the lock button and there are 3 loud beeps to indicate something has been disabled. Not sure if that something is volumetric, motion or both.

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:50 am

Thanks. I tried that (as it was suggested elsewhere too), but I never get the 3 beeps. The handbooks suggests that only disables the volumetric sensor, not the tilt sensor too.

Meanwhile cross referencing the manual, it seems holding the lock button on the console for 5 seconds (with the door open) locks the other door/boot, then when you shut the drivers door that locks too, but without activating the alarm. I don't see the indicators flash, and checked that when I go back to the car after an hour or so, unlocking then quickly opening the door doesn't trigger the usual alarm chirp and 4 beeps. So I think I'll try that one.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:04 pm

The one I suggested actually did work for me. On a ferry too. Very strange.

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue

• Advertisement