no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

New A110 Michelins cracking

Postby LMS » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:26 am

Is anyone else having issues with cracks on the Michelin tyres? Never had this problem before with any other tyre.
It has affected all 4 tyres and currently playing email ping pong with Michelin- have been to their recommended tyre fitter three times for him to have a look - he wasn’t that interested - wanted to sell me 4 new tyres and send these off- not a chance - apparently Michelin have called him 14 times and sent numerous emails but are still waiting for him to submit some information- they won’t tell me what they need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Re: New A110 Michelins cracking

Postby JonT » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:48 pm

What's the date code on the tyres? I've seen that on very old tyres, although I wouldn't expect any of the new A110s to be that old yet. Has it seen any track use? (ie heat cycles)
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Date code 1518
No track use

Never had this issue with Pirelli, Continental, Goodyear etc.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:36 am

I had the same problem with Pzeros on my Cayman and Pirelli were very good - replacing them with new tyres. However that was a fairly common problem with Pzeros - haven't heard of it on the PS4 before.

My wife has some cracking on her Bridgestone Potenzas. I wonder if it is something to do with the high temperatures we are having.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:17 am

I noticed it in February/March and contacted Michelin then so it shouldn’t be high temperatures. Other vehicles stored in same conditions have Goodyear, Pirelli, Continental, Bridgestone tyres with no cracking at all. Some of those tyres are older.
I wonder what happened with that chap who was testing alternative tyres?
I’ve been happy with the Michelin so far but their customer service sucks.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:45 am

After Michelin stalling for 5 months I suggested I might raise the matter on Facebook and Twitter (I’m not on either by the way!) unless a decision was made.
Good news - they have agreed to replace the tyres. Shame it took them so long but we got there in the end

• Advertisement