Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:14 pm

West Moors, Dorset

Rough running and hesitation

Postby pgoldsmith » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:54 pm

I'm tempting fate, but here goes....

For some time now I've suffered some intermittent rough idle and hesitation issues when applying throttle.
I put this down to either spark plugs, dizzy or rotor arm.
However, as I dont do many miles (due to gearbox bush and then gearbox knuckle issue - in fact less than 100 from last year), I sort have disregarded the plugs and dizzy.
So, I decided to replace the spark plug leads.
But that didnt solve the issue.
Then I decided to pulled off the two connectors from the Renix unit (which is realtively new) , sprayed with switch cleaner and refitted.
This appears to have made a difference, as it now idles smoothly and pulls well.through the gears.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone else suffers similar ssues.
GTA Turbo 1991 - Stratos blue
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Re: Rough running and hesitation

Postby miles thomas » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Always good to keep your contacts clean. But I think the lack of use is probably the main reason. The GTA just doesn't like not being used. Try to use mine every couple of weeks even if its just to work and back. If you can maybe go away for a long weekend and stick 200 or 300 miles on it. My car was doing less than 300 miles a year when in the hands of the last owner. So when I got it I went away with the club and did a tour of North Wales and all the little problems just disappeared.
Think you have checked everything you can and back permitting try and use it a bit more. ;)
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.

• Advertisement