Sololap

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:00 pm

Sweden

Spider wheel Questions

Postby Sololap » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I've had my Spider since August (previous owner Mark was a member here) and I'm doing a few little bits to it.

I want to get some new wheels and have decided on a set of Works Meister S1Rs in 17". I'm hoping someone here can confirm the correct dimensions for a perfect arch fit (offset), the colour of the oem wheels and also their weight?

My current plan is 17x7 5x108 et40 front 60.1cb and 17x9 5x108 et8 rear 60.1cb, does this sound right?

The colour is tricky as I want to do something that reflects the original wheel colour but my wheels seem to have been redone at some point and are a gloss silver? They're not super shiny, but they're certainly not satin (no lacquer) in finsh which I believe was oem??

Thanks guys!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Spider wheel Questions

Postby stephendell » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:15 am

Hi,

You are in the right ball park for the offsets but the exact fitment is all down to personal preference as to where you would like the wheel to sit exactly in the arch. Work backwards with your calculation from a vertical straight line where you would like the tyre wall to sit to the hub mounting face. For example I have used 37 and 42 on the front and 12 and 15 in the rear. But this will also vary according to Wheel width, the oem finish is satin silver but doesn’t look great or wear or clean well so they are often refurbished gloss. The only time mine were satin again were when they were refurbished immediately prior to sale.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement