Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Small brake discs for new A110

Postby JonT » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:27 pm

If anyone is looking for brakes for their A110 (the smaller 296mm discs), Eurocarparts is selling pagid discs for £15/corner at the moment (product code 104746408). I'm upgrading to the Life110 pads and wanted new discs to fit with the new pads. The OE renault part number (402062000R, which I think is Brembo) seems to be unavailable from UK stockists as it's only used on the Alpine and European spec renaults (at least from what I could find - along with a bunch of .co.uk sites that actually ship from Germany, not something I fancy chancing at the moment). However after a lot of searching, I found the Pagid cross reference (https://brakebook.com/bb/pagid/en_GB/PK ... arch.xhtml - part number 56007), which is what ECP stocks.

In fact looking up on my reg plate on ECP does list the pagid discs, and indeed the 56007 part is what has just arrived. At that price, I ordered 4. I know the Brembo discs are "high carbon" (for whatever that's worth), but Pagid is a good OE name too, and at that price I still don't have a problem if they end up needing to be changed more frequently.

HTH anyone else thinking about braking options.

Jon
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Re: Small brake discs for new A110

Postby JonT » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:04 am

Fitted these over the weekend. For those who have noticed a difference in part number for pads between big and small discs, there's no obvious reason for this, unless it's a very minor difference in pad thickness or compound. Dimensionally the pads are identical, and David at life110 said the markings on my old pads matched the numbers on the ones he's seen.

Only PITA was getting the old discs off, despite the car only being a year old they had well and truly siezed solid to the hubs. Ended up fabricating a bracket that I could attach with the caliper mounting bolts, then use a bolt through the bracket to slowly push the disc off the hub. New discs refitted with some copper slip on the hub to hopefully stop it happening again.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:18 am

Many thanks for the information.

Why have you changed the discs so early? I'm almost at 20k with the larger discs and at the last service the dealer said they were hardly worn- I haven't tracked the car but it gets driven hard - I'd assumed it was a benefit of being comparatively lightweight.

I know you said you wanted new discs for the Life 110 pads but was there significant wear?

thanks
Andrew
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:31 am

Wear was neglible, but I think there was some pad transfer after the Snetterton track day (despite the wet conditions) as I had a very small amount of pedal judder by late afternoon. Not felt on the road since, although I've barely got out since then either. In the past I've always treated it as good practice if changing pad compound to change the discs too. And at £15/corner, why not?

• Advertisement