no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

creaking seats (Premier edition)

Postby nyc863 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:10 am

I've been thinking for some time that there is a creak in the chassis upon acceleration but after accidentally grasping the back of the fixed bucket seats and tugging to-and-fro I hear a pronounced creaking noise coming from the seat itself.

It seems to be around the trim to do with the two "racing belt" pass through holes. Not completely sure. If anyone tries this and gets the same creak please confirm?

while standing outside, just grasp the headrest part and simply pull or push without much strength and it goes creak.. creak...
no avatar
User

Mark10

Rank

Non Member

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Re: creaking seats (Premier edition)

Postby Mark10 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:27 am

I have the same issue in my 2019 Pure.

It is booked into Solihull for 2 days next week for them to investigate. Apparently Alpine France have requested the technician to strip the seat down and investigate.

I hope they get it sorted ASAP as it is extremely annoying!
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

Postby nyc863 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:57 am

glad I'm not going crazy.
I'm happy it isn't a chassis creak.
Would be curious to know what the finding is please do update. Hopefully it is DIY fixable.
no avatar
User

Mark10

Rank

Non Member

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Postby Mark10 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:05 am

Car went into Solihull on Wednesday and was ready on Thursday morning. Alpine France are aware of this issue and the job sheet reads:

"As per Alpine technical: stripped o/s/f seat & lubricated. Refitted all. Road tested vehicle. No squeak evident"

It seems to have done the trick :)

Was given a brand new Megane RS Trophy (DCT) as a courtesy car, decent enough hot hatch but not in the same league as the Alpine!

• Advertisement