User

gaucimiura

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:08 am

Essex, UK

Poor After Sales Service?

Postby gaucimiura » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:01 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post since joining and I’m sorry that it’s a bit of a downer. I’ve owned an A110 Première Edition for a year and I’ve had some pretty poor after sales service, not so much from the dealer, but Alpine/Renault U.K. themselves. Wondering if any other A110 owners have experienced similar? Thanks.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Re: Poor After Sales Service?

Postby JonT » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:03 am

Can you expand on what you mean/what your problems have been?

Generally folk will only experiece what the after sales is like when there's a problem.

So far I'd say my experiences are neutral:
Cracked windscreen - fixed under warranty, but left with a bit of trim damanged (didn't spot it at the time, but has to be from that), and an annoying creak
Door rattles - supposedly "fixed", but still present. But with dealers being so far away I'm not doing another round trip just for that. Most annoying was they wouldn't believe me and insisted on seeing the vehicle before getting the "fix" kit in (which hasn't fixed it anyway).

Oh yes, and at the moment their inability to get parts (like rear pads) is pretty inexcusable when they're on the shelf in France.

Sadly I think most manufacturers are the same. I've sworn never to buy another VAG product after a shitty experience 10 years ago.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:50 pm

Parts supply is and always has been very difficult and unnecessarily complicated even for trade partners.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:03 pm

It probably needs a fellow Alpine enthusiast who is local to the factory, to collect parts and ship to UK.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:09 am

simontaylor wrote:It probably needs a fellow Alpine enthusiast who is local to the factory, to collect parts and ship to UK.

That was exactly how I got rear pads last autumn - a friend in France on another forum who is also a fellow Alpine owner picked up a set off the shelf at his local dealer. Brexit hasn't made it easier to get stuff shipped over here though.

• Advertisement