johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Mecaparts website

Postby johnb » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:20 pm

I used to find Mecaparts website very easy to use with, for each model car, a single index page for all the groups of parts. Then a single click to all the parts within a subgroup.

I’ve been checking parts availability and prices recently and now find that Mecaparts have ‘updated’ the website. There is still some grouping of parts within a car group but I find it so much slower to locate parts of interest. So much so that I’m inclined to not look at them again. It might be alright when you’re looking for only a couple of items but I’m looking for about 20 at the moment.

Maybe they had some good reason for the changes but, for me, if it ain’t broken don’t fix it. Has anyone had a similar experience?
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Mecaparts website

Postby stephendell » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:43 pm

Yes it’s much harder to use now but on the plus side the service is good and speedy in my experience. Even if they don’t confirm your order it will arrive quite quickly.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Re: Mecaparts website

Postby johnb » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:31 am

So it’s not just me then, thank goodness. I wish they’d just left it alone instead of trying to follow a ‘modernising’ trend and, it appears, not testing its functionality sufficiently before changeover.

Useful to know that you’ve found the service good from them but it could be even better perhaps, if they reverted back to the original website so that you could easily find things. Will just have to persevere.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.

• Advertisement