no avatar
User

Minksport+1

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:22 pm

Dashboard removal gta

Postby Minksport+1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:20 pm

I'm stripping out the interior of my gta project initially to dry it out, plug leaks and check wiring/remove old alarm system etc. I was wondering if the dashboard comes out easily, I have the front of the instrument cluster panel off and dials out but the dashboard appears to be stuck solid near the front edge by the windscreen. Am I missing undoing some fixings? The 4 at the bottom edge have been removed and there appears a couple of vertical ones within the cluster that are just turning at the moment but not undoing but wondered if there were any more?
Thanks in advance. Mark.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Re: Dashboard removal gta

Postby clee » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:54 am

There are 4 screws near the front. You need to remove the screen demister vents. They just pull out...careful now...
no avatar
User

Minksport+1

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:22 pm

Re: Dashboard removal gta

Postby Minksport+1 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 am

Thanks Lee, I did wonder if there was something under those strip vents but wasn't sure how they come off, I take it a careful pull will do the trick? I will give it a go. Thanks again, Mark.

• Advertisement