no avatar
User

Buzzer

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 pm

coolant hoses and rocker cover gaskets

Postby Buzzer » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:28 pm

I am trying to locate some engine coolant hoses ( one's under the inlet manifold) and also rocker cover gaskets for my Atmo GTA. Any view on where best to get these from. I know the part number but having little joy in finding the parts.

Dave
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: coolant hoses and rocker cover gaskets

Postby mettersl » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:38 pm

There are rubber and cork versions of the gaskets and they are shared with Peugeot, Volvo and DeLorean's.
For Volvo's they are a 260 engine type B28E and the gasket Volvo numbers are 1271483 & 1271484.
If you search under that car and engine, Autodoc have the gaskets in a number of different versions, Victor Reinz are good quality.
On my car the pressed rocker covers were quite flexible (and the rectangular washers missing) so I used Victor Reinz RTV sealant both sides to ensure no oil dripping on the inlet manifolds, this has been known to cause fires on Atmos.

For water pipes I got mine from Simon Auto in Germany. His sets use Turbo main hoses, but you aren't after a set.. There is a UK supplier https://classicsiliconehoses.uk/our-products/ but they only want to sell sets, but their website shows you what you get, from memory its not as complete as Simon.

Cheers
Lee
no avatar
User

SK GTA

Rank

Non Member

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:24 am

Postby SK GTA » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:34 pm

I've just bought a load of rubber ones from Mecaparts:
https://www.mecaparts.com/product-categ ... cuit-deau/
no avatar
User

Buzzer

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Postby Buzzer » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:42 pm

Cheers guys and thanks for the links and finding those parts especially the Mecaparts website! I've rebuild the carbs and hopefully set up the choke operation correctly. Just finishing off the engine servicing so when I can get the hoses and gaskets we can get up and running. Its then a bit of tidying up in the cabin and MOT,.

Dave

• Advertisement