no avatar
User

legomiser1

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:35 pm

GTA Center Console

Postby legomiser1 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:04 pm

Good day, I am curious if anyone knows if a left and right-hand drive gta center console are the same? It looks visually the same they just shifted the shifter mounting over and put the window switches where the shifter is on left-hand drive vehicles. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: GTA Center Console

Postby mettersl » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:35 pm

I don't know for sure, but you are probably correct, or worse case similar enough that they can be modified to fit. I guess it depends which part is broken.
A google search for PR1132 should find you a download link for the parts manual which will tell you if they are identical (same part number) or similar, in which case someone else should know for sure. I'm away right now, but if you can't find the manual on line, I can send you a copy in a couple of weeks when I'm home if you PM me your email address.
Good luck.
no avatar
User

Buzzer

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Postby Buzzer » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:06 pm

I'm pretty sure they are the same I have mine out at the moment and the only handed area is the gear lever which has a different inserter of LH to RH
no avatar
User

legomiser1

Rank

Non Member

Postby legomiser1 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:48 pm

That’s all really helpful! The parts catalog is very useful. Thank you! I have done a little digging and it looks like my console is actually okay (other than the bonus screw holes from the previous owners) but the trim around the hvac and window controls is pretty much ruined. So the hunt continues. If anyone has a left hand drive one I would be very interested in procuring it! I’m new to the alpine ownership and part hunting has proved pretty difficult so far. Especially being in the states. Are there any good sources for parts on these cars still? Or is it pretty much just used parts left?
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:14 am

Someone on Facebook had remade the graphics panel for the HVAC - apologies but I can't remember the link and Facebook's search functionality is awful. Have you got some pics of the panel you could post up? If it's what I'm thinking I'll try to search it out.

If it's the plastic itself that's damaged then yes, trim is really tricky to find and you may want to consider other options i.e. bond and repair and then maybe respray or hydro-dip for example. It's a bit like the slated engine vents on the rear panels, you can look for new ones, or repair the cracks and respray satin-black and they end up good as new.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

legomiser1

Rank

Non Member

Postby legomiser1 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:40 pm

Fortunately, my graphics are okay but the trim that secures the window switches, shift boot, and HVAC controls are pretty destroyed and missing large pieces so it may be beyond saving. Maybe if I can find someone to scan their undamaged one I can have my friend make up a new one. And I'm in the same boat with the engine vents, my left one fell off the other week :? . From what I have heard those are unobtanium at this point. Does anyone know if the shift bush at the gear selector that holds the contraption down is still available?
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:59 am

You may be in luck with the engine vents as Stephen Dell found a box of them the other day in the spares...
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:47 pm

I have a spare shift bush, they have been remade by a couple of people, I bought more then I need. Pm me if interested Lee
no avatar
User

legomiser1

Rank

Non Member

Postby legomiser1 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:10 pm

darrenbiggs wrote:You may be in luck with the engine vents as Stephen Dell found a box of them the other day in the spares...

Well, I would definitely be interested in those! Do you think you could point me towards him to see if I can get a set?

• Advertisement