James Cherry

Rank

Non Member

Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:18 am

Southwater, West Sussex

A610 wheels on a GTA

Postby James Cherry » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:29 pm

Hi all

Can anyone tell me the process/parts required to fit the16 inch A610 turbine wheels onto a GTA? I have seen GTA's with them fitted so wondered if anyone knew what was needed.

Cheers
James
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Re: A610 wheels on a GTA

Postby darrenbiggs » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:06 pm

Essentially the hubs have to be switched to the later 5 stud versions. There's a thread somewhere about it if you do a search.

To be honest though, the 610 turbines are very expensive now as they're back in fashion, but the tyre choice is limited as they're 16 inches. Any reason you were thinking of the 610 turbines, other than that they look nice?
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

James Cherry

Rank

Non Member

Southwater, West Sussex

Postby James Cherry » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:58 pm

Thanks for the info Darren.

I just like the look of them to be honest. Are the 16 inch tyres harder to get than the 15 inch ones for the GTA turbines? I thought I saw a set of the wheels on here in the parts section for sale that seemed reasonable but no idea how hard the hubs are to come by then. Sorry, bit of a newbie question but I can't see how to do a search of the forums, any help appreciated!

I sent you a DM about meeting up, would love to if you are still up for it?

Cheers
James
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:18 pm

I haven't had any issues getting tyres for the A610, easier than the GTA last time I tried, but that can change rapidly. Not a huge choice, I have Goodyear/Hankook on one set and Toyo TR1 on the other set.
A610 wheels are probably the more difficult thing to source, although Stephen Dell usually has some.
As Darren says think you need to change the wheel hubs to match, Renault 25 or 21 turbo parts, I believe. Say that quickly and it doesn't sound too bad but there is quite a bit of work to do. You also need matching brake discs too.
Lee Crowston (RATS) did drill a set of GTA hubs to take 4 and 5 stud wheels, but I don't know what happened to that idea.

Lee
no avatar
User

James Cherry

Rank

Non Member

Southwater, West Sussex

Postby James Cherry » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:32 am

Thanks for the advice Lee.
Cheers