no avatar
User

legomiser1

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:35 pm

GTA Cooling Fans

Postby legomiser1 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:06 pm

Good day all. I am replacing the radiator on my 88 GTA turbo and I noticed there are two fans on the front of the radiator towards the bumper that are wired in nicely and look oem. But there is one additional fan on the back of the radiator that looks different from the other two and the wiring looks like a shoddy splice into the powers from one of the other fans. I wanted to check and see if anyone can confirm if there are supposed to be three fans and I just need to re-wire it properly or if there should only be two in which case this one is coming back out. Thanks in advance!
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: GTA Cooling Fans

Postby mettersl » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:11 pm

Hi,
There should be one fan for a standard car and two for an AC car, both mounted under(behind) the radiator, there should be a scoop at the front.
The UK cars with AC had it completed in the UK, I guess the French didn't engineer the RHD heater for AC so there may be some differences.
A|l later RHD cars had the front to back pipes fitted, whether AC was there or not, but the AC set I had was like the French car at the front and had two fans, there is an additional wiring loom for the front that provides for the two-fan set up.
Hopefully, you have a relay controlling all this as the temperature sender in the rad can only cope with one fan and fitting more will shorten its life a lot.

If you google PR1132, you can find the parts book online that helps clarify the differences.

Hope it goes well.
Lee

• Advertisement