mneil

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Alpine A110 wing mirrornot folding update

Postby mneil » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:42 am

https://www.fortop-wireharness.com/products.aspx?id=250

FT014HAY-L
This is the replacement actuator for the wing mirror. Simple enough to access the part; pries off the glass, push off the cover from the inside and the screws later.
The above will show you the version of the actuator used in the Alpine, although I am sure it is fitted to many Renault/Dacia power folding mirrors from the general parts bin.
If any owner of other Renault vehicles come across a model with the same actuator fitted please post the model and version as
a new mirror from Alpine is over £700 and in my view, there is no reason for such an inflated price, just greed :axe
Yesterday, after being offered a S/H mirror for £400 I decided to investigate further: firstly I removed the mirror, then the coloured outer cover to expose the carcass attached to the actuator, having removed the carcass (two self tapping screws) I locked the car, the actuator folded fully on its own, yet it would not fold when attached to the mirror carcass. :wtf I tried a liberal amount of PTFE spray, sprayed between the moving outer parts, where I could see evidence of grease and used the car's internal folding button to open and close the actuator many times, each time it appeared to move faster.
After re-attaching the mirror carcass I tried the folding button and RESULT, it worked as if it were new :super
Hope this helps any other members with the same problem
no avatar
User

mneil

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Re: Alpine A110 wing mirrornot folding update

Postby mneil » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:48 am

https://flic.kr/p/2oEML1H
photo of the actuator the grease area is where I sprayed with PTFE.

• Advertisement