User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:15 am

How many non-members have posted questions about why their cars dont work..... been given great suggestions by the membership community and then ......... not posted the out come for others to benifit from ..........or even a thanks?

The fact is that the membership fee provides many services, advice, guidance, access to resourses and contacts that instantly become invaluable.

No offence ment or implied, at all.

Have fun with your car, why to bring it along to some club events?
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

RedGTA

Rank

Non Member

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Postby RedGTA » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 am

BIG_MVS wrote:
Alpineandy wrote:If all else fails, I'd guess Simon and Mecaparts would have them.

/\ /\ There is some free advice for you :D Have you actually tried Simon Auto? He is bob on and usually has all parts on the shelf ready to ship to the UK within 3 days.

I take it Renault don't have any then?

I sold my last pair of engine mounts to Richard (simonsays74) who is based over in Belfast, maybe he can help failing Renault or Simon Auto.

Don't worry about our resident "Membership Police" he is only trying to protect the clubs interests, maybe he needs to be less heavy on newbies until they have had 50 posts or so before we let him off the leash :wink:

Ok, great, thanks for the info - I've just sent an email to Simon Auto to see if he can help. I've already sent a few messages to Richard but no luck getting the mounts. I tried another vendor also who contacted Renault, who are apparently out of stock.

Thanks!
John
no avatar
User

RedGTA

Rank

Non Member

Postby RedGTA » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:21 am

simontaylor wrote:How many non-members have posted questions about why their cars dont work..... been given great suggestions by the membership community and then ......... not posted the out come for others to benifit from ..........or even a thanks?

I don't know - certainly not me anyway. I posted a thanks along with some pictures after receiving advice on the driveshafts.

simontaylor wrote:No offence ment or implied, at all.

Ok fair enough, and no offence meant from my side either - just sharing some feedback.

simontaylor wrote:Have fun with your car, why to bring it along to some club events?

Sure - once I get some engine mounts! :P

Actually my car is not really a Renault Alpine - it is a hybrid of a DeLorean and an Alpine GTA.

It looks like a DeLorean from the outside but has a custom built chassis, incorporating into it the rear subframe / suspension / drivetrain from a GTA.

I used the GTA subframe as a way of getting double wishbone suspension in the rear of the car rather than the cumbersome original DeLorean rear trailing arm suspension. The reason for doing this was to allow the interior of the car to be converted to 2+2 instead of just a normal 2 seater DMC. I used the seats from the GTA, along with parts of the rear fiberglass section and the rear window from a GTA to help build up the shape required in the DeLorean body to accept the rear seats.

The Alpine I used for this project was in a heavy front end collision and was beyond economic repair (as was the DeLorean I used), so no good cars were harmed. :)

John
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 pm

bar steward child is a phrase that springs to mind :shock: :lol: :wink:

C'mon PICS !!!

I have two mounts BTW :wink:They were earmarked for a testbed frame but I could be persuaded to let them go for ...let me think ...£25 a piece :P
They are used but seem solid enough .
Forgot to get back to you about the leather seats .My guy wants to keep for now .
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Yes let's have some pics of chimera child of a GTA and a delorian....please mr retgta

Ren 25 engine mount same as GTA, any one care to comment
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-25-LH ... _500wt_689

Maybe not this ren 25, what do you think clee?
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Renault DO have the engine mounts.So try them again

They have been remade and I saw them with my own eyes at Dieppe a couple of weeks ago.

In fact I even picked up two to see what they were like and promised them this week to Will Richards. And yes on this occasion being a member swung it as they were my only pair. All club spares will go to members first if there is a shortage.

Wierdly they are a bit cheaper in the UK than france £34ish as opposed to 41 euro. All + tax.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

RedGTA

Rank

Non Member

Postby RedGTA » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm

The crashed Alpine:

Some pics of the alpine subframe mated to the custom chassis:

Interior shot:

Exterior shots:

I'll post a link later when I've the build log with lots of pictures up on the website.

John
no avatar
User

Will

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:48 pm

North Wales

Postby Will » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:21 pm

This looks awesome! Feel bad i got to the mounts first but i am in desperate need also, looks like clee will sort you out though!!!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:45 pm

So is that the only 4 seater Delorean?

Can you bring it to WSR please :D
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

PaulyA610

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Gloucester

Postby PaulyA610 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Looks very tidy and looks good with the bbs style spilt's!!
Lotus Evora 400
Renault R8
Renault Megane R.S 265 Trophy
Renault megane sport tourer

GAZ Suspension Dealer,SPAX Dealer, Forge Motorsport Dealer,Alpine ICE Dealer,
no avatar
User

RedGTA

Rank

Non Member

Postby RedGTA » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 am

Hi Clee,

Thanks a mil for the offer but I am sorted now for engine mounts - I ordered them from Simon Auto - thanks for the info guys.

stephendell wrote:So is that the only 4 seater Delorean?

Can you bring it to WSR please :D

Yep it's the only 4 seater DeLorean. It's a concept the original DMC intended doing but went out of business before a prototype could be built, so this is my attempt at building the car that never was!

What is WSR?

Thanks,
John
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:28 am

No worries ..in actual fact they are a bit wink so I wouldn't have sent them .
I'm in the process of making up some uprated units for the future .
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 pm

What is WSR?

Our biggest show of the year and there is a category prizes for Renault powered cars inc Venturis and Deloreans.

More info here: http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/ ... php?t=5233
no avatar
User

RedGTA

Rank

Non Member

Postby RedGTA » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the link / info. Unfortunately, no way I can make that this year - I'll be probably spending that weekend trying to get my car running! Once I've the engine mounts in, I still have some wiring to complete before the car will be on the road.

Thanks,
John
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Looks a proper job 8)
One question though ...why are you keeping the atmo lump ? Any future plans ?
PreviousNext

• Advertisement