User

welshwizard

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:55 pm

does anyone know?

Postby welshwizard » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:59 pm

what the pcd is and offset both front and rear for gta /gta turbo wheels

as i'm being cheap and trying to find something DIFFERENT for my turbo 2 as i'm fed up with 80's tyre technology!!! due to them being millimetric tyres

and i'm not paying stupid money for wheels yet! LOL

cheers

moggy
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:35 pm

I can't help you with the GTA Info, But I'm sure MrD will know (amongst others).

I'm having the same problem with the 4 stud A310 (same suspension). Del-Tech (or tech-del) who make mini-lites had a big order from a german 5turbo club, so they now have the details if your interested.
Here's their site:
http://www.minilite.co.uk

I should get mine in early Sept. AND they're nearly half the price of the Gotti wheels (75s) that I was looking at.

Cheers
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

offsets

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:09 pm

The GTA runs 4 x 100 pcd all round with a 60.1 centre bore and a 38mm offset front and 15mm offset rear
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:18 pm

DR G, that all sounds very good, in fact impressive, even if I don't know what you mean. Well actually, I have a few vague ideas, but an explanation, or a link to an explanation of all these terms would prove very revealing. :lol:
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

bits and bobs

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:41 pm

Ok Simon, just for you. The pitch circle diameter (pcd) that the 4 bolt holes cross is 100mm in diameter. The hole in the centre of the wheel (centre bore) for it to sit on the hub is 60.1mm. The offset is the distance in mm that the mounting face of the wheel is from the dead centre of the wheel, so the higher the offset the more the wheel will sit in the arch, and the lower vice versa. Some people get confused with offsets as they will change with different width wheels. A 10x17" wheel with a 15 mm offset will sit out further than a 8x17" with the same offset.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:46 pm

Basically what David's saying is that virtually any 4 stud Renault wheels will fit, if you're happy to put up with fat spacers, narrow wheels and long bolts/studs at the rear!!

If you want wheels that fit properly with no spacers and regular wheel nuts you'll have to pay £500+

Standard GTA wheels fit a turbo 2 OK. There's also a pic of a T2 in the gallery at Zolder with Le Mans wheels.
no avatar
User

welshwizard

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:55 pm

cool

Postby welshwizard » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:18 pm

yeah - i've looked into mini-lite and it wasn't a bad price - but as i wan't bigger brakes and mini-lites only go upto 15" i thought i'd try my luck else where

mad-in rims are nice but FAR too expensive

i saw the T2 at zolder with lemans rims and i so wanted to 'borrow' them, but hey

cheers for the info - just got to double check the T2 as i got told the T2 was a pcd of 98 - but i can't remember where i got that from!

time to go get the spare set out of the shed!

l8rs

Moggs
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:06 pm

David can sort you out with some wobbly bolts if the PCD is close.
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

pcd

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:44 pm

Yeah, PCD on the turbo 1 & 2 is 4 x 98, same as Fiat. You can use 'wobbly bolts' to sort this out and run on 4 x 100 fittment. Basically a wobbly bolt has a floating collar, so it will sit correctly in the seat but allows linear movement by a couple of mm of the overall PCD. £2.50 each
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:02 am

image wheels will make you up whatever you want and aren't too expensive (Search for their web-site). I have heard that their wheels are really for track use, as they're a little fragile for the road, but this maybe just here say.
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada

• Advertisement