alpinegtad999

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:46 pm

Northants

No electrics to spark plugs/injectors

Postby alpinegtad999 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:55 pm

Hi hope someone can help...

Spent 2 years restoring my GTA turbo, all electrics work with the exception of the spark plugs and injectors. The wiring loom looks fine so no idea why no power is getting to them. Any ideas, have I missed something like a earthing strap? or is the ECU faulty, what do you suggest I try?

Failing this, does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the GTA wiring diagrams?

After 2 years hard graft I'm getting frustrated with this problem, just want to drive it again!!!!!!!! :cry:
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

fault

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:04 pm

Are you sure you are getting the signal from the TDC sensor? If this is connected/working the ecu won't send the power to pulse the injectors. Also all the injectors are grouped as six, there is only one earth and power so there could be a fault in the wiring.
User

turbodog

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 05, 2004 5:57 pm

NORTH WALES

Postby turbodog » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:40 am

Have you re-newed some of the crispy wires and connections in the engine bay ?
Check your connector from the crankshaft sensor to your ECU. This is on top of the engine on the right hand side.
If you have re-newed this connector, this will be your problem.
All GTA Turbos were wired wrong in the factory. There are two wires (a red and a white) . If you connect red to red and white to white, you car will never start. But if you put red to white, this is the way it will work.

You can obtain a copy of the wiring diagram from John Sweet or if hasn't got one left, give me a ring on 01492 533430, and I'll do you a copy of mine. :D
no avatar
User

dermotj

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 10, 2004 10:43 am

Postby dermotj » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:48 am

could also be the ECU does the fuel pump run when you turn the ignition switch to on?

• Advertisement