User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Dodgy seals!!!

Postby peterg » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:21 pm

Thats rubber seals on the door, not the kind that eat fish and get clubbed in Canada! :lol: My top door seals whistle at 60+mph......pulling the top with my hands seems to stop it, so clearly the top half of the door needs to be pulled in a bit. I have fiddled endlessly with the hinges but failed to acheive a whistle free seal. Does anyone else have this problem???? Any cures? (if the door was metal I could just bend the top in but I dont think it will do this with fibregalss)
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:47 pm

Ive found that because the seals are old and swollen, they sometimes grip the bodyshell to early (if you know what I mean?!) when you close the door. Ive found lubing them up with silicon spray makes the door shut easier and seal up nicer.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:41 pm

I wil give it a whirl but looking at the line of the seal, it sticks out a tiny bit more at the top than further down....but its not misaligned.

• Advertisement