Is the Alpine your only car, or what else do you run...??

Renault & Alpine General Discussion
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:33 pm

GTA Turbo my only car and daily driver. I use it to travel to and from work. Needs constant maintenance used this way but worth it. Just love driving it! Even if is does mean cooking alive when sat in traffic during the summer! (No aircon and only one window working at the moment. And the fuse blew on the heater fan the other day, leaving me with no air-flow at all coming into the cabin. Not alot of fun!)

Owned a Mercedes 190E 2.5 16v Cosworth before my GTA. Excellent car, lots of fun (especially in the wet!), and would own another, but still prefer my GTA.
no avatar
User

Alan Moore

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:04 pm

Brisbane Australia

Postby Alan Moore » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:38 pm

1956 Renault 4CV with a 12G motor and many modifications
1973 BMW 2002TII with ex 2litre touring car motor from an
E30 M3. Extensive cage. Heavily modified
2001 Peugeot 306 XT 2litre
1989 GTA V6 turbo Still on the water to Australia

The Pug will go when the GTA is registered. I admit it is seems a
backward step to sell a car I have had from new to a drive a 15 year old
car with a much higher chance of problems. That is why I have the others and a couple of bikes.
GTA V6 Turbo
Renault 4CV 16TS Power
BMW 2002 Tii M3 Power
User

Mr Jon

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 am

West London

Postby Mr Jon » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:09 pm

Apart from my red GTA I own a Scarabe green Saab 9000 Aero, goes like stink as long as you're going in a straight line. Leaves the GTA for dust! It digests speed bumps much better than the GTA too! It's a good, reliable everyday car, a bit of a 'streetsleeper'. My grandmother (and her blue rinse) likes it more than the GTA.... :oops:
no avatar
User

Lee G

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 15, 2004 9:11 pm

London

Postby Lee G » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:38 pm

I use a Clio V6 255 everyday and covered 1000 miles in it in the last 5 days. My recently acquired GTA has covered an average of 1000 miles per year for the last 5 years!!!!
User

Mr Jon

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 am

West London

Postby Mr Jon » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:16 pm

I must confess that since owning the GTA (2 weeks) i've driven it everyday, not how I intended things! Think I'm still in the 'honeymoon' period! However, I still haven't found a car that has beaten the 9000 Aero with it's uprated ECU! My best mate works for Autosport magazine and frequently brings back quick motors, it even gave a new Caterham VVC a run for it's money until we came to the first corner!! Still, I wouldn't part with my GTA for love nor money, I used to drive an NSX, ok it was more useable power but the ride was more cushioned and not as 'kart like'. The GTA is a 'mans' car...! :lol:
User

LiamMcShane

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:39 pm

Shenzhen, China

Just noticed this thread!!

Postby LiamMcShane » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:21 pm

Just noticed this thread and thought I'd stick my tuppence worth in.
At the moment I'm running a company car that changes every few weeks (I sell them!), and I have my beautiful GTA Turbo. Besides that I have an '86 Sunny Coupe 1.6 (No rev limiter, and goes mad at 6000 rpm!) and I run a Fiesta XR2i in the NI Rally Racing Championship, although with work I haven't been able to compete recently. Might just keep it as a trackday car!
'88 GTA V6 Turbo

http://www.perfect-display.com.cn
Perfect Display Technology Company Ltd, Shenzhen
no avatar
User

Rz

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:06 pm

Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Rz » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:27 pm

wintercar : Buick Park Avenue, its like driving a 2000kg boat on the road.
Summer cars : BMW E30M3 Sport evolution III http://www.mycars.se/cars/BMW-Evosport
and my A610
http://www.mycars.se/cars/album02
I had many funny cars over the years and my Alpine is the greatest one of them all (after a few mods).
present cars :
Renault Alpine A610
BMW M3E30 Sportevolution 1990 #23/600
and a daily driver.
User

pgoldsmith

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:14 pm

West Moors, Dorset

Postby pgoldsmith » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:00 pm

Use the GTA Turbo (light blue) as my daily drive 7miles to and from work, the only other car is a 520 Touring that my wife uses.

When a friend of mine bought his GTA Turbo in 1989 and I just fell in love with his. Took me another 13 years to be in a position to buy one and now I finally own have my own.

Completely bog standard (as far as I can tell) and have endured the same common electrical problems that everyone suffers (though I havent had a problem with windows or locks playing up yet).

I dread if anything major goes on it, such as the clutch or worn synchros but I'm hoping that it's 110K millage means a clutch has been replaced and maybe I'm ok for few more years !! :!:

Got in the car this morning and said 4.0G on the fuel readout but although it turned over it wouldnt fire up !
Fetched a gallon of Shell's finest , poured it in the tank and after 3 more attempts in finally coughed and splutted back to life.
Late for work but thats life..
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

See this link for my other cars

Postby Tony Smith » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:29 pm

Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

A610GA

Rank

Non Member

Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:28 am

Tywardreath Cornwall

Postby A610GA » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:49 pm

I gave this reply in answer to a question under another topic and have pasted it here as it is where it belongs. Yes I know I'm a car nut but I am happy being one! ! ! Car and bike list is:
1. A610 Turbo Montana with full Renault UK re-paint in 1996 so no micro blisters. Engine totally rebuilt 3,000 miles ago. Just upgrading hi fi but otherwise like new. Took six months to find one this good with only a few electrical faults that I am sorting out. Now there's a surprise!
2. Volvo V70 2.5 Turbo 5 cylinder (no I dont wear a Trilby hat). It is quicker than a T5 0 - 30 and in truth does most things I could ever want from a car now I have upgraded all the bits I can. I call it the "OVLOV" as I would not be seen dead in a Volvo.
3. Rover P5B Coupe (V8) (dark blue / silver roof) just filmed by Top Gear, fully restored with engine upgraded to 200bhp with Vitesse heads, Vitesse pistons, Holley 390CF carb, piper cam, Offenhouser manifold, hand made exhaust manifold, beefed up gearbox etc etc. Also Laserline Cat 1 alarm, central locking, cruise control, sat nav, Road Pilot, CD, Sub Woofers, Focal component speakers etc etc.
4. Rover P5B Coupe (V8) 46,000 miles. Dark green / silver roof. Totally original. Only drive this one on sunny days.
5. Rover P5B saloon (V8) 90% restored. Dark green. Just finishing a TVR engine for it but will otherwise be original. EEK!!
6. Moto Guzzi V50 Monza 500cc V twin bike just imported from Italy. Needs a couple of days to tweak it but very low kilometerage and in good order. I have driven it for 7 miles so far.
Well you did ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Driving an A610 is just so sublime.
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:41 pm

That's an impressive collection of P5Bs! Always liked the style of the coupe.
GTA V6 Turbo - BTW check your earths!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlpineGTA
no avatar
User

A610GA

Rank

Non Member

Tywardreath Cornwall

Postby A610GA » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:24 am

The saloon is actually somewhat better engineered in that the doors fit better and it is as a result quieter and more water proof in a rain storm but the Coupe looks the business and has better instruments. I will probably end up when the saloon project is completed with one coupe and one saloon, both with enhanced engines. 8)
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:02 am

If you fancy another P5 coupe there's a mint example sitting in the car park downstairs. It's been there since the the owner died last year, so I guess it's for sale.
no avatar
User

A610GA

Rank

Non Member

Tywardreath Cornwall

Postby A610GA » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:37 am

Stephen,
I am trying to convince myself to cut down to 2 instead of 3 (I peaked at 4 last year!), I will probably sell my best totally original Coupe as it is the least used but it is proving hard to part with it. I always end up driving the 200bhp one with all the toys, I wonder why?
If you let me have details direct to my e-mail I will alert the P5 Owners Club (I recently took over running the promotional car register for the club).
Regards :shock:
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:51 pm

stephendell wrote:If you fancy another P5 coupe there's a mint example sitting in the car park downstairs. It's been there since the the owner died last year, so I guess it's for sale.

I think he had a heart attack trying to get into one of the spaces Steve... :wink:
PreviousNext

• Advertisement