stephen rodgers

Rank

Non Member

Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:20 pm

stoke on trent

MY OLD GTA SOLD ON EBAY G800 XLF

Postby stephen rodgers » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:17 pm

What a suprise i had ,
the car was wrote off by my insurance when somebody pulled out in front of me on november 11th 04 . 99,000 mls but a good all round motor .
It needed
both headlights ,front bumper ,2 wheels and tyres ,both wing mirrors knocked off and damaged, scraped from front to back on Both sides,and the suspension was lower on one side ,side lights and indicators ,marks on the bonnet ,a cracked inner nearside front arch .
it was to go into the garage for either a clutch or slave cylinder that week [needed to find out which] but never got the chance .The final bid was £3,600.not bad for a car that was going to need some pennies spending .
Any ideas who has bought it .
only thing that upsets me is that it had a full samco turbo hose set fitted and i have the original ones still in my shed and didnt change them whilst it was in my drive DOHHHH STUPID
hello all.
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:24 pm

If you see my thread:

http://www.renaultalpine.co.uk/PHPBB/ph ... .php?t=588

I'm still waiting to hear from my insurance, whether they're going to repair it or write it off. They've had it a week now! :evil:

Which car was yours on ebay, is there still a thread to it? Was it a turbo or Atmo?

Can I ask what they gave you in settlement for it? I'm wondering what they might value mine at. Did you consider buying it back off your insurance company?
GTA V6 Turbo - BTW check your earths!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlpineGTA
no avatar
User

stephen rodgers

Rank

Non Member

stoke on trent

gta on ebay

Postby stephen rodgers » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:03 pm

my car was reg number G800 XLF ,AND THEY PAID ME £5,300 BACK .
It was a turbo ,i didnt want it back because of the hassle of repairing it.
It had all the services and reciepts MOT s etc
i will put the item number and the sellers id on here tommorow ,and that will let you see it on ebay i think
ps i hope you are not with NORWITCH UNION ,2 months to get the money from them ,6 weeks to send an engineer [they did not know where the car was] loads of hassle ,sick of talking to people in india ,in total about 30 hrs on the phone
good luck
hello all.
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:42 pm

I think the final bid may have been bogus, as it shot up very quick at the end, and the high bidder had only registered that day :shock:

Seems to have definately needed more work than the listing described..you never know..it may be relisted.. :?:
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Re: gta on ebay

Postby Juzzblack » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:48 am

stephen rodgers wrote:ps i hope you are not with NORWITCH UNION ,2 months to get the money from them ,6 weeks to send an engineer [they did not know where the car was] loads of hassle ,sick of talking to people in india ,in total about 30 hrs on the phone
good luck

:( Yes I am with Norwich Union! And yes, I have had nothing but talking to people in india who can't tell me anything useful. And yes, the engineer still hasn't assessed it! :evil:

Thanks for the info though.
GTA V6 Turbo - BTW check your earths!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlpineGTA
no avatar
User

stephen rodgers

Rank

Non Member

stoke on trent

GTA ON EBAY

Postby stephen rodgers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:14 pm

Yes i agree
the advert on ebay did not describe my old motor correctly with regards to the total damage done in the accident ,no mention of the clutch and a few other things ,thats why i couldnt believe the final price .
as with Norwitch union i wouldnt go back with them ever again ,get your money and go somewhere else ,Adrian flux were great , and cheaper .
hello all.
User

orbut12

Rank

Non Member

Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:27 pm

Edinburgh

Postby orbut12 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:33 pm

I had a cheeky bid of £1500 turned down!Does'nt seem to cheeky now after reading this thread :D Anyone got a cheap GTA or A610 hidden away :?:
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:35 pm

Also the guy said it was HPI cleared, well........... IT WAS NOT!!!! :x Did the hpi at work and came up as a Category D. I was bidding on it because i thought it was a cheap car.
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
no avatar
User

stephen rodgers

Rank

Non Member

stoke on trent

MY GTA ON EBAY

Postby stephen rodgers » Mon May 02, 2005 6:47 pm

The gta was certainly a cat D or worse in my opinion .I owned the car for about 1 1/2 years before the accident whilst i was driving it, i dont know how it was not HPI clear because i paid hard earned cash for it [as with all my cars ]and i had an HPI done before buying it myself from a guy who owned it for 8 odd years which came out clear ,strange that .
hello all.
User

LiamMcShane

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:39 pm

Shenzhen, China

Postby LiamMcShane » Wed May 04, 2005 9:10 pm

It only has information on it now 'cos it's just been written off. When u bought it, it hadn't been in an accident. A HPI check checks for more than just finance. It can also tell u if the car had a cherished transfer, or colour change etc.
'88 GTA V6 Turbo

http://www.perfect-display.com.cn
Perfect Display Technology Company Ltd, Shenzhen

• Advertisement