New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:22 am

I think it's a more complicated picture. I believe all RHD PEs have now been made and delivered - there will be some "new" PEs for sale as time goes by - dealer showroom cars. And, of course, there will be ex demo and press cars for sale at some point.
However, not all LHD PEs have been made and I think production of the remainder is probably now ongoing. Only then (I think) will production of Pure and Legende models start (I might be wrong there they may feel the need to produce some press/demo Pure/Legendes before all PE production finishes). When the switch to UK Pure/Legende production occurs isn't clear to me, UK buyers seem to have been quoted 12 months delivery, but there is also Australia to think about.
no avatar
User

jimbobc

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Postby jimbobc » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:25 am

Sorry I know this was posted but how do you fill up the os coolant? Mine has done 600 miles and both tanks are below max. Should they be on max? Oil looks fine.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:06 am

jimbobc wrote:Sorry I know this was posted but how do you fill up the os coolant? Mine has done 600 miles and both tanks are below max. Should they be on max? Oil looks fine.

Several of us have found that the NS reservoir goes to minimum and the OS to just above very quickly. I'm not sure there is any point in topping up because I strongly suspect that any excess will disappear just as quickly. Some have topped up - I haven't - but I'm not sure if anyone has done enough extra miles to confirm whether I'm right or not.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:18 pm

I’ve posted with photos on the thread Alpine A110 coolant levels - basically hose and a funnel
no avatar
User

apex_mb

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Postby apex_mb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:41 pm

For those that have been topping up, did you use water or Renault Type D coolant or something else? I'm at 1750 miles and they appear to have settled just above the minimum lines.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:55 pm

apex_mb wrote:For those that have been topping up, did you use water or Renault Type D coolant or something else? I'm at 1750 miles and they appear to have settled just above the minimum lines.

I'm at 3800 miles now and will check my levels this weekend and report. I have topped up the N/S at 1600 miles but not attempted to do anything with the O/S yet!
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:59 am

hmy7k wrote:Here is some information from a French Alpine forum showing order numbers and agreed delivery dates.

######

This may give you some idea of what is happening and no doubt RHD production may be slightly different but it does give you some idea of timescales and it looks like most current orders are scheduled within 12 months and yes it is worth the wait.

Thanks for this hmy7k. The data is interesting, but does confirm that prospective owners are being given BS.

We know that production rates will be 20-25 per day max (400-500 per month). We also know that reservation numbers run consecutively from zero, through the 1955 PE models, and on into Pure/Legend.

The first disappointment from the data you posted is to see 1435, 1447 and 1677 due in December 2018. These are PE models, and this suggests that deliveries of PE will run into 2019. (Despite the CEO saying at the Paris show in early October that more than 1500 had been delivered.) Looks to me as if production is still a trickle.

Buyer 2878 expects to get his car by the end of January, however if 1677 is shipped in December, that means 1,200 cars shipped in January. Not going to happen!

Buyers 4213, 4253 and 4585 expect delivery in March, suggesting a further 1,700 cars in the 2 months since January. Not going to happen.

...and whilst 4585 is delivered before the end of March, 4733 doesn't arrive until June.

So the dates being quoted still appear to be unrealistic given the planned production rates, let alone the trickle which currently seems to be occurring.

As you say, current orders are being quoted delivery within 12 months, yet I had the "delivery within 12 months" line repeatedly since I reserved my French car 10 months ago. My res number is mid 4000's, so those up in the 7000's can forget getting theirs in 12 months. I realise I am the prophet of doom here, but Alpine are simply not being honest with us.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:22 am

Griff500 wrote:
hmy7k wrote:Here is some information from a French Alpine forum showing order numbers and agreed delivery dates.

######

This may give you some idea of what is happening and no doubt RHD production may be slightly different but it does give you some idea of timescales and it looks like most current orders are scheduled within 12 months and yes it is worth the wait.

Thanks for this hmy7k. The data is interesting, but does confirm that prospective owners are being given BS.

We know that production rates will be 20-25 per day max (400-500 per month). We also know that reservation numbers run consecutively from zero, through the 1955 PE models, and on into Pure/Legend.

The first disappointment from the data you posted is to see 1435, 1447 and 1677 due in December 2018. These are PE models, and this suggests that deliveries of PE will run into 2019. (Despite the CEO saying at the Paris show in early October that more than 1500 had been delivered.) Looks to me as if production is still a trickle.

Buyer 2878 expects to get his car by the end of January, however if 1677 is shipped in December, that means 1,200 cars shipped in January. Not going to happen!

Buyers 4213, 4253 and 4585 expect delivery in March, suggesting a further 1,700 cars in the 2 months since January. Not going to happen.

...and whilst 4585 is delivered before the end of March, 4733 doesn't arrive until June.

So the dates being quoted still appear to be unrealistic given the planned production rates, let alone the trickle which currently seems to be occurring.

As you say, current orders are being quoted delivery within 12 months, yet I had the "delivery within 12 months" line repeatedly since I reserved my French car 10 months ago. My res number is mid 4000's, so those up in the 7000's can forget getting theirs in 12 months. I realise I am the prophet of doom here, but Alpine are simply not being honest with us.

I think you are assuming that deliveries will follow order numbers and that has not been the case so far. The reason is simple - to give all dealers some deliveries. So a simple assumption that your res in the 4000s will be delivered before all res in (say) the 5000, or after those in the 3000s is not necessarily correct. In addition marketing may want to ensure that Australia gets at least some cars - and Japan, which looks like the most promising market after France may get some priority.

However, you may well be right and delivery dates quoted may well be optimistic - they mostly have been to date.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:45 am

From what I understand they have been producing Pure and Legend cars recently for dealer showroom and demo cars and that the last PE are being produced over the next month, so it's quite difficult to work out actual production numbers.

Anyway the benefit of slower production is that the cars will be rarer for longer.. I don't think they will be a common sight like the Cayman though.

Have you rung round all the dealers to see if any have showroom cars or even the demo cars available... you never know.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Postby Griff500 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:47 pm

bcr5784 wrote:
I think you are assuming that deliveries will follow order numbers and that has not been the case so far.

Thanks for the response. No assumption, it is what Alpine told me:

"By September, you will be contacted by the Advisor from your chosen Alpine Centre to turn your reservation into an order.

We plan to begin production of the A110 Pure and Légende in the last quarter of 2018, respecting the chronological order of reservations and subject to confirmation of your order."

But yeah, I've said enough on the subject. Guess I need to just chill out.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Griff - I think what was being said was that deliveries would match orders chronologically, by that order numbers were more randomly allocated and not necessarily chronological. I may be wrong, but I think with the PE cars, there was to option to request a specific number between 1 and 1955.

Anyways....

There are two PEs for sale at a Renault dealer here in Northern Ireland: a black one and a white one, just in case either of those would tickle your fancy?

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

Braemar

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Postby Braemar » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:29 pm

After gaining Octane Performance car of the year a and this week .. shades the M2 Competition in the PistonHeads review..

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph ... tion/39024

In other news .. I checked last weekend and have similar coolant levels to everyone else and have bought some Type D coolant which I’ll top up this weekend .

Really enjoying the car so far, better than I could have hoped for.

If you’ve got one of these on order be patient they are worth it - anything you would want from a sports Coupe really .. it’s like the Venn Diagram of sports cars and gets approval from Porsche, Lotus and French Performance car fans .

Looks like some French Dealers are recieving Legende Demos this week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Postby hmy7k » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Anyone taken a wheel off yet.

I was going to give the calipers a good clean but my trolley jack doesn't fit under the car its so low.
Anyone know of a jack that does.

Also has anyone found a rubber pad that fits snugly on the jacking point to protect the paint.
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Postby Griff500 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 pm

hmy7k wrote:Anyone taken a wheel off yet.

I was going to give the calipers a good clean but my trolley jack doesn't fit under the car its so low.
Anyone know of a jack that does.

Also has anyone found a rubber pad that fits snugly on the jacking point to protect the paint.

Probably yes. I had the same problem with my TVRs, and found that Machine Mart did a Clarke low profile trolley jack for sports cars. Just checked their site, and they still do it, 75mm saddle height, £140. For the rubber pad, I used a bit of rubber doormat shaped with a Stanley knife.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Postby hmy7k » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:35 pm

I have got round the jack issue by making a small ramp, works a treat.

Does anyone know what the recommended torque setting is for the wheels.
Have checked the handbook but there is no mention of it.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement