New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby stephendell » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:47 pm

Goodyear are looking for a new A110 owner to trial some some of their new tyres and provide feedback,

PM for more details. Would suit an experienced driver able to identify any difference in handling and ride quality.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:03 am

stephendell wrote:Goodyear are looking for a new A110 owner to trial some some of their new tyres and provide feedback,

PM for more details. Would suit an experienced driver able to identify any difference in handling and ride quality.

I have sent you a PM
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:10 pm

I can just see how that will go- Don't get me wrong I have Eagle F1's on another quick car and they are better than the Continentals I had but I can just imagine my luck at having to 'phone Goodyear and say, "yes, the tyres are great, just not as good in the wet as I've nerfed my 110"...
no avatar
User

TRL

Rank

Non Member

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:05 pm

Croydon

Postby TRL » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone. I have finally managed to get myself back in to a sporty French car again... after many Turbo2's, 21Turbos, RS Meganes, RS Clio's, and a few V6's ...I have just recently taken delivery of my long awaited A110 Pure in White.
I managed to run it in just in time for the EVO Track evening at Brands Hatch last month, where the car was even better than i could have imagined. I have the big brakes and the Sport Exhaust so they came in to their own... and my buddy (and YouTuber) Joe Achilles took the car out for a few laps and was also smitten.
I have plenty of road trips planned over the coming 12 months and whilst i have no plans to modify the car i will be fitting a set of the
Goodyear Eagle Supersports next week just to compare against the miles i have covered so far on the Pilot 4.
You may refer to me as the Guinea Pig but please refrain from "crash test dummy" !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:50 am

Any updates on the tyres?
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Has anyone else had an Alternator failure? At 11500 miles and just after the first year service mine's been back at the dealer and been gone for over a week with an alternator failure. Apparently it is on back order and no indication when it will arrive! Surely it can't be that difficult to get one or are all the French still on holiday!!!

Frustrated!
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:14 am

Hi, Sorry to hear that- I presume the alternator was the reason for the faults you experienced. I hope that fixes it.

I think that is one of the downsides of having an Alpine in the UK. I don't think the dealers keep many parts available and so everything has to be ordered in.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Postby reprs » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:27 pm

reprs wrote:Has anyone else had an Alternator failure? At 11500 miles and just after the first year service mine's been back at the dealer and been gone for over a week with an alternator failure. Apparently it is on back order and no indication when it will arrive! Surely it can't be that difficult to get one or are all the French still on holiday!!!

Frustrated!

Alternator still on back order from France! That'll be nearly three weeks now. UNBELIEVABLE!
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Postby reprs » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:12 am

reprs wrote:
reprs wrote:Has anyone else had an Alternator failure? At 11500 miles and just after the first year service mine's been back at the dealer and been gone for over a week with an alternator failure. Apparently it is on back order and no indication when it will arrive! Surely it can't be that difficult to get one or are all the French still on holiday!!!

Frustrated!

Alternator still on back order from France! That'll be nearly three weeks now. UNBELIEVABLE!

Can anyone help Renault West London get an Alpine A110 PE Alternator from Dieppe? It seems that after three weeks of having the car the alternator is still in France FFS!!!

It is such a pity that the enjoyment of ownership of such a brilliant car (apart from crap DAB Radio) is waning. It looks like I will be without it for some time yet which, including two week long visits for windscreens, service and software upgrades, means in in one year's ownership the car will have been away for 6 weeks and counting!
no avatar
User

Clivej

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:58 am

Postby Clivej » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Sorry to hear that - very frustrating indeed.
I believe West London have just appointed a new (French) Alpine representative who hopefully might now be able to push things along. Maybe keep chasing him if you're not already.
I've spoken to my dealer (my car should be here in December) in Orpington who is well connected to make him aware of your problem and says he will speak to some other people in Alpine to highlight the difficulty you're having.
Although he can't help directly, the more people in the company who know, the better.
Good luck and try to stay patient...
Think of the enjoyment when you finally get it back!
CliveJ.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:07 pm

It’s almost impossible to get Alpine parts from Renault Retail Group ie Alpine Centres. Used to really frustrate my parts sales rep even before the new model was launched. He lost £££ in orders he was unable to fulfil when the parts were just sitting on the shelf in Dieppe. It was always easier to just go to Dieppe and pick it up.

I thought things would be better with the new car but in fact it’s even worse. Even as a trade partner you can’t see the part numbers for the A110 parts even though you can view the exploded diagrams.

I was told things would be better if I signed up to the new Dialogys system which I duly did. It then asked me for €330+Vat per month access or €8 per hour so I politely declined. €4752 per annum for the privilege of looking at a catalogue to buy parts off a retailer. Jokers
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:26 am

That’s going to install confidence in the second hand market when they are out of warranty for potential new owners, the earliest ones should be coming out of there pcp contracts next year. :crazy
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:42 am

How about we ALL message Alpine support through the app in order to support @reprs and voice concerns about when this situation WILL impact the rest of us?

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:52 pm

Sadly, the best way to get attention is probably social media..which is risky as it can harm the brand that we (mostly) love.

A quick tweet from a disgruntled new owner in reply to alpine boasting about making more new a110s than the original would probably hit the spot.

On a pragmatic level many "classic" alpine owners have more than one to allow for long "mean time to repair" from waiting on parts.

I'd estimate half the (older) UK alpines are owned by folk who have more than one !

"So slow to fix I bought two" is probably not the best marketing slogan !!
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Postby reprs » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:34 am

cloudburst wrote:How about we ALL message Alpine support through the app in order to support @reprs and voice concerns about when this situation WILL impact the rest of us?

CB

Thanks.That would be a great idea if the App still recognised my email address but apparently it doesn't anymore so no more App for me then!
PreviousNext

• Advertisement