New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby Prestonese » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:21 pm

I borrowed a demo for the day recently and after a stint in the wet on the M1 the exhaust tip looked like this below (sorry for the poor photo).

Mine has a few spots but is nowhere near as bad. Do any owners out there have the same?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:15 am

If it’s anything like other models you’ll have to get the metal polish out regularly to keep it looking good.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:53 am

Griff500 wrote:
Spizz Oil wrote:
1. The sports exhaust is a bit annoying. Wish you could turn on and off in Sports mode.

Interesting. A few others have made the same comment, despite the fact a number of reviews state how much better and less artificial it sounds than that on the Cayman/Boxter. I am living in the hope that one day my dealer might actually ask me to freeze the configuration for my Pure (reserved January 2018, still no credible delivery date), and the sports exhaust is still a question mark for me. Does any owner on here actually like it?

With regard to levels, does the car have an alert if oil and water get too low? (I know these are not always to be trusted, but still a nice to have, particularly with level checking on the car being awkward)

I think I'm in the minority. I love the sports exhaust. The "brap" on a full-bore acceleration is great and the pops and bangs on overrun are good. It's a sports car so it needs a bit of drama. It's only mildly embarrassing around 29/30 through a town/village when it will readily pop and woofle as the car slows to 25 with the traffic. This can be stopped by turning the mode to Normal but I hate Normal as it feels lifeless in comparison.
This is a fun car and I don't think the noises are intrusive in ordinary driving. When cruising at 70ish even in Sport there is no exhaust drone so I think they've got it spot on.
As for the exhaust, yes I get soot on mine ( from the pops and bangs perhaps??) but clean it regularly before it gets baked on. Should just wipe off but anything more stubborn can be removed with a metal polish - Autosol or similar.

Sorry you are still having issues with your order. The car is worth the wait. Would strongly recommend the sports exhaust and a reversing camera. I'm not sure, but looking at the manual, there is a suggestion the front boot-space the PE has is an optional extra -clearly you'll need to option that as well as it is more useful for carrying bags and is cooler than the rear boot (which is cooked by the engine).
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:05 pm

LMS wrote:
Griff500 wrote:
Spizz Oil wrote:
1. The sports exhaust is a bit annoying. Wish you could turn on and off in Sports mode.

Interesting. A few others have made the same comment, despite the fact a number of reviews state how much better and less artificial it sounds than that on the Cayman/Boxter. I am living in the hope that one day my dealer might actually ask me to freeze the configuration for my Pure (reserved January 2018, still no credible delivery date), and the sports exhaust is still a question mark for me. Does any owner on here actually like it?

With regard to levels, does the car have an alert if oil and water get too low? (I know these are not always to be trusted, but still a nice to have, particularly with level checking on the car being awkward)

Sorry you are still having issues with your order. The car is worth the wait. Would strongly recommend the sports exhaust and a reversing camera. I'm not sure, but looking at the manual, there is a suggestion the front boot-space the PE has is an optional extra -clearly you'll need to option that as well as it is more useful for carrying bags and is cooler than the rear boot (which is cooked by the engine).

An important point to note is that "your" Pure with a Sports exhaust will sound different to "my" PE - from last September on cars will all be fitted with a particulate filter which will make them quieter, Sports exhaust or not. So the only real way to tell whether you like it is to try a post August car (but not dealers "showroom" cars which will be sold to the old emission standard not the new WLTP one.

I'd agree with LMS about a reversing camera - vision through the rear window is poor. That said the wing mirrors are particularly good and I know of at least one owner who doesn't feel the need. Re the front boot - worth a check, but I very much doubt the front boot will be deleted. The original intention was to make the "Pure" a stripped out model weighing 1080kg with no sat nav - it now weighs 1097kg in its lightest configuration so I think Alpine have changed their minds. The handbook is out of date in a couple of other areas too. (I think what might have changed their minds is the fact Porsche decided to up the standard spec of the 718)
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:23 pm

LMS wrote: I'm not sure, but looking at the manual, there is a suggestion the front boot-space the PE has is an optional extra -clearly you'll need to option that as well as it is more useful for carrying bags and is cooler than the rear boot (which is cooked by the engine).

The equipment list my dealer sent me has the front (96l) and rear (100l) storage spaces as standard on Pure and Legend, and the dealer made a point that the original design spec for the car mandated the ability to carry two carry-on style wheely cases.

As far as the online configurator goes, the only storage related options are carpet and/or cargo net in the boot, and the internal storage pack which I believe adds a bigger cubby hole between the seats and storage net behind the seats.

I agree from my demo drive that a reversing camera is worth paying for.

As far as the exhaust goes, I quite liked the pops and bangs on downshifts, but it didn't sound quite right under even modest acceleration.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:32 pm

I would like to see the sports exhaust switchable independently of the Sports mode, maybe someone will work out how to retrofit something in due course. Perhaps connecting it to the spare switch on the dash.

Reversing camera wouldn't be of interest to me, I find the standard sensors and wing mirrors work fine.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:49 pm

hmy7k wrote:I would like to see the sports exhaust switchable independently of the Sports mode, maybe someone will work out how to retrofit something in due course. Perhaps connecting it to the spare switch on the dash.

I've asked about a wiring diagram. I suspect that fuse box in the engine compartment contains the fuse for the exhaust. It therefore ought to be fairly easy to insert a remote controlled relay in the circuit. Total cost less than £10 - though if it take more than 10amps the relay might be more difficult to source. It remains to be seen whether the ECU would object.
no avatar
User

Spizz Oil

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Postby Spizz Oil » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Is it possible to have the reverse camera retrofitted?
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Spizz Oil wrote:Is it possible to have the reverse camera retrofitted?

My dealer said not. However I have seen a suggestion on the FAR website that you may be able to get one - including a revised bit of the wiring loom.
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Postby Prestonese » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:39 pm

hmy7k wrote:I would like to see the sports exhaust switchable independently of the Sports mode, maybe someone will work out how to retrofit something in due course. Perhaps connecting it to the spare switch on the dash.

Reversing camera wouldn't be of interest to me, I find the standard sensors and wing mirrors work fine.

I'm with you on this one. I don't think the car needs a reversing camera. I live in central London and on a very tight street and haven't had any issues using sensors and mirrors. The car just feels really easy to park for me. Right up there with some small hatch backs I've owned.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:23 pm

if its anything like the current RS clio I wouldn't bother, by the time the image comes up on the screen you have usually carried out the manoeuvre. rear sensors though are useful. Does the A110 have those?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Love the exhaust note in Sport...I must be a 56 year old juvenile at heart ;)

Reversing camera? I wouldn't bother either. Keep it "Pure".
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:41 pm

eastlmark wrote:if its anything like the current RS clio I wouldn't bother, by the time the image comes up on the screen you have usually carried out the manoeuvre. rear sensors though are useful. Does the A110 have those?

Not sure which ones you've used but all the ones I have come up as fast as reversing sensors - certainly under a second. The A110 PE has rear sensors as standard, the Pure all are optional, the Legende has sensors and camera as standard. The A110 PE rear sensor graphics are a bit small and could be more helpful.

I never thought I would regard air conditioning, let alone climate control, parking sensors, sat nav as "essential" - I'm a bit like that with a rear camera, now I've owned or hired a lot or cars with it I'm begining to regard it as ... All American cars will have it as standard by law next year (though I'm not sure that proves anything).
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Postby olliep » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:36 pm

reprs wrote:Love the exhaust note in Sport...I must be a 56 year old juvenile at heart ;)

Reversing camera? I wouldn't bother either. Keep it "Pure".

i love the sound :)

my megane rs had had a camera and also seemed to take ages to load :( find the a110 easy to park so far
no avatar
User

Braemar

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Postby Braemar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:38 pm

Great luggage suggestions from Matt fellow owner ... Cabin Zero soft flight bags .. 2* 44 litres
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement