New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby bcr5784 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:54 am

Re media formats - the handbook says nothing. (You can also play video too - but again, no info) I'd assume (surely!!!) just normal mp3s. Whether there are any restrictions on higher than standard bit rates (if you generate your own), I think you'd have to suck it and see. It says contact your dealer - good luck with that!
no avatar
User

Trikster

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Postby Trikster » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:50 am

Well collected mine on Wed - took a gamble as hadn’t had the test drive - turns out to not have been much of a gamble though :)

Drive home I thought the driving position too high having asked for the seat to be lowered - embarrassing trip back to the dealer to find out it had and I’d ‘read’ the bolt holes wrongly - some fiddling with seat/steering wheel over the weekend and starting to get close to the right position though - the faff of the bolts though will be a pain on track days mainly as my wife is significantly shorter than me - may have to get some foam inserts made up like we have in the Spyder.

But I digress - a couple of hundred miles this weekend and really starting to understand the car, a real delicacy to the handling - that lower weight definitely makes a difference over something like a Boxster. Off to that welsh wales next weekend so a few decent roads will be covered then.

Had a play with the stereo, whilst sound quality good DAB reception seems terrible and mySPIN, yuck.

Boy does it get attention on the road - not had that much since I had one of the early V8 Vantages.

Right, off to practice my Tetris - got a fair bit to cram in for next weekend’s jaunt...
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Postby SirT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:37 am

Picked mine up on Thursday, confirmed everything I had hoped for. For my driving experiences, read the previous posters.
Went to Blenheim supercar show yesterday - courtesy of Alpine - met the delightful Marco (brand manager) showing both the PE and Legende.
On arrival in the public carpark I was immediately surrounded by inquisitive people, despite all the Astons and Maclarens around the place. Same when leaving, with people grabbing their cameras as I approached - it felt like I was an entrant in the supercar show rather than just another punter.
It's the perfect birthday present (actually a week early for my 75th).
no avatar
User

Braemar

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Postby Braemar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Decent drive out in it over the Cairngorms
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

apex_mb

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Postby apex_mb » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:38 pm

PSFix_20180901_180107.jpeg

Have had mine about 10 days and driven around 750 miles, I love it. Just back from a weekend in the Cotswolds and have had a good run up in North Wales but every drive feels like an event.

Was also at the Blenheim event this Sunday and like SirT it was drawing a crowd even in the car park. It certainly has some road presence and I've found the reaction to it unanimously positive on the road and parked up. Simply too many to list, more than I ever expected, but it makes every drive memorable even before you get to a decent road or two.

Very impressed by its ability to mile munch in a quiet and comfortable cruise, yet the overriding impression is one of real agility. The speed it changes direction, with a little roll but no fuss or slack or inertia to overcome is breathtaking. I'm still to really stretch it's legs but the difference between normal and sport is starker than I expected - with normal changing up quickly and happy to ride the torque at low revs, yet sport holding the gears a lot longer than I'd initially expect on a trailing throttle.

A few rattles on the increasingly poorly surfaced roads, a few wobbles from the infotainment (myspin mostly) and poor bumper fit around the rear light and a hidden chip don't detract from the joy of getting in and hitting that starter button.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:49 am

New owners might also be interested in buying another one, on a smaller scale.
Email from Ottomobile just arrived in the inbox. Limited to 999 pieces so could be a rush.

http://r.email.otto-models.com/k1l41n4smsbjf.html
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Hope the order fulfillment process is not equally authentic !

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:52 am

Hello again,

What are you all doing about oil changes? I don't intend to leave it 12 months to change the oil for the first time. Does anyone know how difficult it is- presume, with the flat floor, it would be a bit of a job? Will dealers be draining from the dipstick?

Andrew
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:55 am

on some cars, flat floor has a little inspection hatch for draining oil, and access to filter maybe too.
Have you had a specific look underneath and maybe there is some clues in the service manual too.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

Blackbess

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Postby Blackbess » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:40 pm

LMS wrote:Hello again,

What are you all doing about oil changes? I don't intend to leave it 12 months to change the oil for the first time. Does anyone know how difficult it is- presume, with the flat floor, it would be a bit of a job? Will dealers be draining from the dipstick?

Andrew

You must change oil in a new engine after about 2000 miles. When I purchased My new Renault , the dealer did this free of charge. I bargained that when I ordered it ! Best You ask the Alpine dealer!
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:00 am

EDITED AS HI FI DOESN'T IN FACT PLAY FLAC BUT DOES PLAY HI RES 24 Bit AIFF

Well I collected car from the PPF place and drove all day yesterday.

Took it to my children's school to watch sports and a couple of small boys commented "Wow look at that new Ferrari" ( I know it looks nothing like a Ferrari but they were six years of age) , "That's a racing car, wow!". I didn't correct them but if it amuses small boys then I think I bought the right car.

Sound system is good although I'm not using it a lot. I can confirm it plays AIFF 192k/24bit files,MP3as well as the usual wav. Shame there is nothing about this in the manual.Alas I'll have to convert my library- just need to copy it to a 700GB sd card now!
There is quite a lot of useful space behind the seats.

The seats are very comfortable - they are very supportive and no back pain after hours of driving around so that is a good sign. Still haven't run it in so am taking it easy.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:48 pm

I expect most owners will be scratching their heads about both interior and exterior storage. For the inside I've purchased some cargo storage nets for attachment to bulkhead behind the seats, the back of the seats and for where the glovebox would ordinarily be. For attachment to hard surfaces you will need some stick on velcro "loops". I've also got some black seed trays (yes really) and velcro-d them to the floor behind the seats - but that will only work if you are short.
The next problem is the front boot - I can't find a suitcase that will use the space effectively - they are all too deep. A couple of smaller than average cabin bags will fit - but that isn't the best solution if you want your clothes relatively crease free. Apparently Alpine are going to sell a set in leather - but I suspect that will be fearsomely expensive. I have contacted Bagworld to see how much a soft suitcase to just fit the front boot would be. Bagworld will personalise it or do it in leather, but I'm going for something simple in vinyl. Anyone else made progress in this area - or might be interested in seeing if we can save some money with a joint purchase?
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 am

Just had a quote of £110 +VAT in vinyl colour to choice, double that in leather - perhaps a bit cheaper if he has leather in the right colour.
no avatar
User

Trikster

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Postby Trikster » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Well 400 odd miles this weekend; not particularly interesting ones as a lot of them on the M4 to Wales and back, but proved the Alpine a decent cruiser as well as being fun in the handling stakes....

Not a car for the shy though, lots of looks and a big thumbs up out of the window of a Alfa Romeo Giulia V8.. who pulled over to let us past and a have good look, and then tailed us for 20 mins or so.

Finding MySpin a real joke though - finds the phone, then doesn't, sometimes need to 'Allow' connection on my iPhone,sometimes not.... bloody frustrating

Also need to work out how to mount my phone as primarily use Waze so need to see the screen, don't like windscreen mounts, anyone solved this yet...

Oh, boots actually not too bad, just a bit of thought needed when packing....
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Trikster wrote:
Also need to work out how to mount my phone as primarily use Waze so need to see the screen, don't like windscreen mounts, anyone solved this yet...

I know Waze has many fans (I'm tempted to say desciples), and I wouldn't claim the built in sat is exceptional BUT I find the ability to configure the virtual third dial in the rev counter todisplay both the next junction and the following 3 junctions is a big plus. The fact that music is muted when announcements are made etc does give the built in system some real advantage over any phone based system.
Last edited by bcr5784 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement