New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

London, uk

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby Laikathedog » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 pm

I asked alpine dealer and the 8 mins before the dash goes out is normal !... i thought it was a fault !
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:39 pm

This is perhaps a very dumb question regarding the dash display...

What's the purpose of the little white square immediately to the left of the gear indicator?

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Postby olliep » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:16 pm

One square per 1000 revs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:26 am

olliep wrote:One square per 1000 revs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Those are red on my car. Isn't the white one the one that changes to an up arrow and tells you when it's more economical to change up when you are in manual?
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Change indicator. Exactly that. Thx. I just don’t use Man enough.

CB
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:58 am

Anyone else noticed the significant difference in fuel economy between standard unleaded and premium.

I did a 180 miles yesterday, first half averaged 44mpg and overall was 41 mpg and whilst there were a few steady bits a lot of it was at motorway speed in the late evening if you know what I mean.

Prior to that I was getting mid thirties with standard unleaded. Its not convenient for me to use the premium but where possible I am going to stick with it.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

simonk

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Postby simonk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:54 am

Hi All, hoping to shortly be a new owner and have a quick question.

How long did people's cars take to get from port at Southampton to their dealers? My car has been stuck there since late January and I've now been told it will hopefully make it to the dealer middle of this week coming. Should I be worried something's happened to it there?

Thanks in advance!
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:13 am

simonk wrote:Hi All, hoping to shortly be a new owner and have a quick question.

How long did people's cars take to get from port at Southampton to their dealers? My car has been stuck there since late January and I've now been told it will hopefully make it to the dealer middle of this week coming. Should I be worried something's happened to it there?

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't be too worried. Mine was delayed for a while. I think the main problem is that some of the Alpine dealerships only appear to be staffed part of the time. When I was looking for a dealership once I'd put my PE deposit down one of the dealerships never seemed to have anyone around.
When I bought my car the salesman was also selling Dacia and Renault so was spending his time across all three desks. As a result there was an additional 2 week delay as I had to wait for his diary to clear -Not his fault as he can only be in one place at a time but it's not great for purchasers. I'm guessing your dealer is doing the same.
Cars are great.
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Postby Prestonese » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 pm

nate wrote:Front Windscreen, lower drivers side (RHD)
Build date: July 2018

Here's a better picture

How are people getting on with the cracked windscreen issue? Has this now been resolved?

On my side I've not had many faults to report. My stop start doesn't work well and I had a minor paint issue which was resolved. That aside, the car seems to be working well. 2000+ miles to date with a mixture of inner London traffic, long motorway journeys and some awesome B road blasts.
no avatar
User

Mike

Rank

Non Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Wonderland

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Start stop only works if the battery is charged well enough (nevertheless I switch it off). The windscreen issue is discussed in the French Alpine Forum in extend. It is not yet clear how many cars are effected and what is the cause. Mine is not effected. In general windscreens are manufactured as thin as possible to save weight and the aluminium construction is more prone to torsion.
no avatar
User

aya604

Rank

Non Member

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Postby aya604 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:54 pm

LMS wrote:
simonk wrote:Hi All, hoping to shortly be a new owner and have a quick question.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't be too worried. Mine was delayed for a while. I think the main problem is that some of the Alpine dealerships only appear to be staffed part of the time. When I was looking for a dealership once I'd put my PE deposit down one of the dealerships never seemed to have anyone around.
When I bought my car the salesman was also selling Dacia and Renault so was spending his time across all three desks. As a result there was an additional 2 week delay as I had to wait for his diary to clear -Not his fault as he can only be in one place at a time but it's not great for purchasers. I'm guessing your dealer is doing the same.
Cars are great.

My car has I'm told been in Southampton for about a week and my dealer has been struggling to get confirmation of the delivery date. I get the feeling it is is out of their largely out of the dealers hands.

I get the point about issues with dealerships - I complained to alpine and they changed mine as I was very unhappy with failure to return calls and general pathetic attitude. I don't however accept "not his fault" or "diary to clear". 21 months wait since deposit paid on a £50K car - come on. I should be interested to know who is your dealer?

Hoping to collect Saturday and *very* excited. Edinburgh based and haven't seen one yet!
no avatar
User

simonk

Rank

Non Member

Postby simonk » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:22 am

I hope you get to collect on Saturday and enjoy the car!

A sorry tale this end unfortunately. I escalated to Alpine and things at the dealer are now being handled at a management level. But it now turns out the car was damaged and the delay is the parts required to repair the rear bumper are on backorder with no due date as yet. I'm awaiting their proposals but the experience is soured for sure.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Did this damage only come to light because you pressed for information?

CB
no avatar
User

simonk

Rank

Non Member

Postby simonk » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:49 pm

I was given an estimated delivery date of a week once it landed in Southampton and after 5 further weeks of "problems at the port due to unusually high volumes of cars" I escalated things. The branch manager with Alpines help got to the bottom of it yesterday and to his credit is being entirely open and honest and apologising the salesman let it get this far.

I should be clear that damage is my word, not theirs. But when a bumper meets qc leaving the factory but fails it and requires parts at the destination port then I'm not sure what other word to use.
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:05 am

simonk wrote:I was given an estimated delivery date of a week once it landed in Southampton and after 5 further weeks of "problems at the port due to unusually high volumes of cars" I escalated things. The branch manager with Alpines help got to the bottom of it yesterday and to his credit is being entirely open and honest and apologising the salesman let it get this far.

I should be clear that damage is my word, not theirs. But when a bumper meets qc leaving the factory but fails it and requires parts at the destination port then I'm not sure what other word to use.

I am confused. Surely if the car is damaged after leaving the factory, the obvious place to fix it is at the branch, yet you say the branch were unaware of the problem. Who were Alpine proposing to do the repair in Southampton?
PreviousNext

• Advertisement