New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby nyc863 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:17 am

I really dislike the key fob in particular because in the dark I can't feel for or see the button, can't even tell which way up I'm holding it.

Picked up this from Alibaba - just search Renault Koleos key fob and look for the picture - for the price, which was basically zero, I'm happy with it, the green print glows a little (but not enough) in the dark and it has the nifty chrome key attachment part and you can pick Blue which matched the blue stitching on the OEM one.

The leather pouch with the "A" on it can go into the drawer and be "as new" if I ever sell the car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Clivej

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:58 am

Postby Clivej » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Personally I never use the key fob buttons (which I agree are small and hard to see) and always have it set to keyless entry.
This works well and you just push the button on the door handle... job done.
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Postby nyc863 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:23 am

my keyless entry never worked. Might be why I hate the key more than others.

hoping they can fix it on upcoming service.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:45 am

nyc863 wrote:my keyless entry never worked. Might be why I hate the key more than others.

hoping they can fix it on upcoming service.

If you lock the car on the fob, you can't then use keyless to open it, you have to use the fob (security thing). But if you unlock the car with the fob have you checked whether you can lock it with the button on the door?

But it's probably also something that can be coded.

I'm not a fan of the fob cover, makes it too bulky in my pocket.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:48 am

I had my first track day in the Alpine over the weekend. A very greasy and damp snetterton, but was great fun and the car went very well.

Quick snippet from the morning - I was still working out the wet lines, I've only done Snett in the dry before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_6u2Zd7T8

Last months Geo definitely proved its value.
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Postby nyc863 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:54 am

alpine a110 in america presentation
contains some interesting data

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sVrbvZrIBec
no avatar
User

Simon Owen

Rank

Non Member

Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Postby Simon Owen » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:34 pm

Guys - do you know if the socket inside the car can be used to charge the battery ? Can't seem to find anyone who has tried this and I know it works with 'some' other manufacturers but not all.

Going to give it a go tomorrow.

Socket does not appear live with ignition off.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:21 am

The 12v socket at the back of the console? No, I found it couldn't. As you spotted, it only seems live with the ignition on. With the key not inside the car, it appears to auto switch off after about 10 minutes or so, and then stops charging. I posted earlier in this thread about how I fitted a charging connector to the battery and routed it to the screen wash filler flap so it's easy enough to connect a charger. The cable can feed out the top of the bonnet by the wipers.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9406&start=480#p99792
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:53 am

JonT wrote:The 12v socket at the back of the console? No, I found it couldn't. As you spotted, it only seems live with the ignition on. With the key not inside the car, it appears to auto switch off after about 10 minutes or so, and then stops charging. I posted earlier in this thread about how I fitted a charging connector to the battery and routed it to the screen wash filler flap so it's easy enough to connect a charger. The cable can feed out the top of the bonnet by the wipers.

I think the jury is still out on this one. In my Porsche it also switched off after a few minutes or so UNLESS it detected a charger (12v source plugged in). I understand the one that Alpine sell IS hardwired which does perhaps suggest that plugging a CTek into the 12 V socket perhaps doesn't work - but another owner is checking this today with his CTEK
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:39 am

bcr5784 wrote:
JonT wrote:The 12v socket at the back of the console? No, I found it couldn't. As you spotted, it only seems live with the ignition on. With the key not inside the car, it appears to auto switch off after about 10 minutes or so, and then stops charging. I posted earlier in this thread about how I fitted a charging connector to the battery and routed it to the screen wash filler flap so it's easy enough to connect a charger. The cable can feed out the top of the bonnet by the wipers.

I think the jury is still out on this one. In my Porsche it also switched off after a few minutes or so UNLESS it detected a charger (12v source plugged in). I understand the one that Alpine sell IS hardwired which does perhaps suggest that plugging a CTek into the 12 V socket perhaps doesn't work - but another owner is checking this today with his CTEK

I tried it with a CTEK and the Maypole, neither worked after 10 mins in the 12v socket.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:30 am

JonT wrote:[
I tried it with a CTEK and the Maypole, neither worked after 10 mins in the 12v socket.

Thanks for that update. It's pretty conclusive then - pity. Not really an issue for me - I will very rarely have to use the charger - and crock clips work fine for once a year use. A bit of a pain for some others though.
no avatar
User

MikeA37

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Postby MikeA37 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:19 pm

Alternative to the torx security bolts on Sabelt seats?
Anyone have an alternative to these horrible, fiddly, inaccessible things that enable removal/fitting with less hassle! That's all.

By the way.....best wishes to all for the Christmas holidays and I'm sure an eventually improving 2021.
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Postby sladey » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:21 am

Just reporting a problem in having. I daily drive mine (which is fantastic, especially with life110 settings and springs)

Last summer I went on holiday for a week. When I came back it was showing a brake error and said do not drive. I had it recovered to Solihull. They could t find anything wrong and said it was likely to be connected to a low battery.

Over Christmas I didn’t drive it for a week. Same problem. It’s been trailered to Solihull again. They reset the codes and all is good.

This seems ridiculous to me and the response has been I should consider getting a charger. You should be able to leave a car for a week surely!? And if you have issues they should be low battery, not disabling the car!!!?

Anyway does anyone know where I can get something that will allow me to reset codes myself?
no avatar
User

Cochrane

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Postby Cochrane » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi sladey

So was a flat a battery a cause of the message?
Did you get a picture of the message?
Braking system failure?
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Postby sladey » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Yes this is the message.

They checked out the battery and said it was fine - but I had charged it up after the problem occurred. They also checked the alternator which is also fine.

I had a thought later - my daily commute involves driving through a Ford - sometimes that is pretty deep. I asked if that was an issue but they said not. That would have made more sense to me though as it was to do with communication with the electric handbrake (I think)

They could only offer that they could keep the car for over a week and see if something changes. However I can’t see how this would help as the fault was still there when they got the car. Mainly though I don’t want to be without the car that long.

In conversations with Tim at alpine Solihull he said that the engine odbc (?) thing is unique to alpine which is why the RAC could t reset it for me. Which doesn’t really help.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement