New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby Prestonese » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 pm

hi LMS. If you insist. Here's one of the interior for completeness.

I think my dog is looking for the clutch pedal / gearstick / missing two cylinders. He appears to be a Porsche fanboy unfortunately....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Prestonese on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:18 pm

your dog is wondering why you've parked vertically.
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Postby Prestonese » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:26 pm

LMS wrote:your dog is wondering why you've parked vertically.

Fixed that. Just for you.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:36 pm

you let a dog in your car?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Postby Prestonese » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:41 pm

eastlmark wrote:you let a dog in your car?

What can I say? He just loves the Sabelt seats!
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby olliep » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:46 pm

reprs wrote:
Griff500 wrote:
reprs wrote:3100 miles now and all's well (apart from the cracked screen passenger side lower corner which I understand may be a stress fracture...waiting for a resolution).

I for one would appreciate any further update on this. Did the crack appear suddenly or gradually? Did you hit a pothole or anything? If it is a stress fracture, stress from what? I have experience of several TVRs with delaminated windscreens, always lower corner, due to the fact the windscreen was the stiffest part of the bodywork, and therefore took the the stress of body flex. I would not expect this to be the case with the Alpine, but it does sound odd.

I believe there are a few in France with a similar problem which may be a pressure point on the screen from the aluminium frame but waiting for confirmation.

Hi all noticed my screen is also cracked today :(

also did any one have any of this?
"quick question does any one or has any one seen any technical details/drawings of the car?
i used to love looking through haynes manuals of cars i owned to see what went where.
just curious of things like what are the to rads either side of the main middle radiator? and which is which? (i assume air con / oil for gbox?)"
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 am

olliep wrote:also did any one have any of this?
"quick question does any one or has any one seen any technical details/drawings of the car?
i used to love looking through haynes manuals of cars i owned to see what went where.
just curious of things like what are the to rads either side of the main middle radiator? and which is which? (i assume air con / oil for gbox?)"

Exploded drawings in the Renault parts look up, details about access is in the members forum.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi all noticed my screen is also cracked today :(

also did any one have any of this?
just curious of things like what are the to rads either side of the main middle radiator? and which is which? (i assume air con / oil for gbox?)"[/quote]

Renault West London Alpine are replacing mine soon, there is a pressure point apparently and they need to file a bit of aluminium off. I bet there are less problems in France where there are far fewer potholes!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 pm

Yes the members area gives access to all the exploded parts diagrams but unfortunately no part numbers or prices.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Spizz Oil

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Postby Spizz Oil » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi! My first post. Before I picked up my car, the dealer phoned to say that there was a crack - driver’s side at the base. That was before the car was driven. Replaced before delivery.

Otherwise really loving it after 8 Porsches. Feels a lot more special. It really is a thing of beauty and to drive feels like a cross of two of the best cars I have owned - a Peugeot 205 GTI and an Elise S1.

Damn near perfect spec. My only criticisms would be:

1. The sports exhaust is a bit annoying. Wish you could turn on and off in Sports mode.
2. I would like a reverse camera.
3. A bit of a faff checking levels.

Early days - but all in all the best car I’ve ever owned.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:13 pm

Wouldn't disagree with that. As I understand it the windscreen problem is because of a bodywork issue where the windscreen meets it. So just replacing the windscreen won't fix things long term.
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Spizz Oil wrote:
1. The sports exhaust is a bit annoying. Wish you could turn on and off in Sports mode.

Interesting. A few others have made the same comment, despite the fact a number of reviews state how much better and less artificial it sounds than that on the Cayman/Boxter. I am living in the hope that one day my dealer might actually ask me to freeze the configuration for my Pure (reserved January 2018, still no credible delivery date), and the sports exhaust is still a question mark for me. Does any owner on here actually like it?

With regard to levels, does the car have an alert if oil and water get too low? (I know these are not always to be trusted, but still a nice to have, particularly with level checking on the car being awkward)
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Spizz Oil wrote:Hi! My first post.

welcome to the forum, 6000 crazy?
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Griff500 wrote:
Spizz Oil wrote:

Interesting. A few others have made the same comment, despite the fact a number of reviews state how much better and less artificial it sounds than that on the Cayman/Boxter. I am living in the hope that one day my dealer might actually ask me to freeze the configuration for my Pure (reserved January 2018, still no credible delivery date), and the sports exhaust is still a question mark for me. Does any owner on here actually like it?

With regard to levels, does the car have an alert if oil and water get too low? (I know these are not always to be trusted, but still a nice to have, particularly with level checking on the car being awkward)

Sounds are very personal - but the 718 ones are almost universally criticised by journos , though owners are (predictably) less critical. I don't like the sports exhaust on my Alpine BUT the exhaust will be different on cars manufactured to WLTP standards - and will be quieter. The only solution is to listen for yourself - Pure and Legende cars will be at continental dealers in the next few weeks (if they haven't got the odd one already). I'd certainly listen before specifying - it's not switchable (currently at least).
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Postby Prestonese » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:16 pm

Griff500 wrote:
Spizz Oil wrote:

I dislike the exhaust too. I actually don't mind the noise on the downshift and overrun that much. It's a bit juvenile but at least it's not too loud- at least not in the cabin. When you shift up though it makes a strange buzz which I just think spoils the otherwise acceptable engine/exhaust sound. I suspect some would like it but I'm confident it isn't the stand out feature of the car.

The oil guage is an old fashioned dip stick. I'm not sure if there is an electronic oil guage but I don't recall seeing it in the handbook.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement