New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby hmy7k » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 am

stephendell wrote:If any visits a dealer with a pure or legende in stock could they please take some photos of the standard brakes. I am interested to see if they are still Brembo 4 pot calipers front and electric handbrake rear but just smaller with smaller discs. I have only ever seen the Blue PE brakes and there are no pictures of the standard ones in the brochures. Thanks

According to the Options Brochure for the Pure, the standard brakes are anthracite grey coloured, with integrated handbrake, 4 pot front calipers and single piston rear. Doesn't mention them being Brembo for the standard but they may well be.

There won't be any Pure and Legende cars in the showrooms until the new year although there is the grey one, they had at Goodwood, doing the rounds of various events.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Postby hmy7k » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 am

Prestonese wrote:T
I'm not that keen on the exhaust sound in Sport either. I do like the turbo whistle though. By far the most annoying thing so far for me is the stop start. In some situations it stops completely and you have to press the red start button to get going again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I find the stop start works well, not had it misbehave, as soon as you take your foot of the brake it starts again.

The only issue I did have once is that it did appear to put the car in neutral once after holding the stop start on for some time.
I wouldn't normally hold it that long so its not an issue for me.
no avatar
User

Grey

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 am

Postby Grey » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:23 am

hmy7k wrote:
Grey wrote:Not sure if this post is in the right section, but I am considering placing an order for a Pure and was considering which options are necessary.
Do your comments about the sport exhaust mean that it would be best to order the standard non sport exhaust? This would negate the inconvenience of pulling out fuses, and of course save a not inconsiderable £1380!
Also, what do people think about the standard 17” wheels?

I think I would pass on the sports exhaust, the standard sound is quite pleasant enough.

I was originally planning a bare bones Pure and then when I looked at it there were quite a few items on the options list I rather wanted. The 17" don't look great to me and the Fuchs are lighter, also I wanted Alpine Blue which is £1600! on a Pure.
There are also quite a few bits of trim in the Premier missing from the Pure, individually they probably don't matter but added together it may look a bit bare. The Blue brake calipers I rather like for example and the aluminium pedals and footrest.

Whatever you decide, get the order in, you will not regret it one bit.

I know!
So the Alpine blue was no cost on the Premier Edition?
I must admit that £1656 does seem very expensive for paint - makes the black at £780 look like a bargain!

There is a picture of a white Pure on 17” wheels on asphlte.ch (page67) if anyone is interested.
They look very similiar to the all silver 18” Fuchs on the blue car also in that link. (Not sure if the all silver Fuchs are availiable in the UK?). Does anyone know if the wheel widths and offsets are identical on the 17” and 18”? I know the tyres are, but what about the actual wheels?
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:34 am

[quote=

Nice!

I did Wales the week before whilst still running in. I enjoyed the chassis a lot but trying to manage the engine revs was challenging as there is such a narrow band of operation to keep under 3500 rpm. I gave up and just left it in Normal most of the time as well.

I was amazed by how refined it was on the motorway on the way back. It's a car of fascinating contradictions. Purist chassis and suspension but no manual gearbox. Lightweight minimalist ethos with little storage but capable long range cruiser.

It's nowhere near the perfect article which will be a shame for those who overlook it for these reasons.[/quote]

To say it's nowhere near the perfect article overstates things, I think. Agreed it would have been nice if finances allowed a decent manual box - but overall I don't think it is any more flawed than the Porsche alternatives (either 718 or 981). I might argue that the biggest flaw of the Porsches IS the manual gearbox - or at least its ratios since it seriously detracts from exploiting the 981 engine, and too often puts you in the laggy region of the 718 (I'm sure Harry Metcalf would agree!). The lack of boot space is really only relative to the Cayman (which is outstanding in that respect) - compared with most cars vaguely in this class it's about par for the course. Considering how small the car is and the constraints of double wishbone suspension, I think it's pretty good - and the fact that you can fit a 6ft 6 driver comfortably is remarkable. Internal stowage is a design drop-off in my view - but easily and cheaply rectified with storage nets.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:38 am

[quote=

I know!
I must admit that £1656 does seem very expensive for paint - makes the black at £780 look like a bargain!
[/quote]

If I hadn't got a Blue PE I'd find that price unacceptable - particularly as the Abyss Blue looks good too and is less than half the price. It is a shame that the range of colours is rather limited and (to me) mostly boring. Hopefully more colours will appear over time.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 am

hmy7k wrote:
Prestonese wrote:T
I'm not that keen on the exhaust sound in Sport either. I do like the turbo whistle though. By far the most annoying thing so far for me is the stop start. In some situations it stops completely and you have to press the red start button to get going again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I find the stop start works well, not had it misbehave, as soon as you take your foot of the brake it starts again.

The only issue I did have once is that it did appear to put the car in neutral once after holding the stop start on for some time.
I wouldn't normally hold it that long so its not an issue for me.

No problems with start-stop for me. The fact that you can then apply the handbrake without the engine restarting (unlike on the 981) is a bonus. The engine restarts and the handbrake is released when you press the accelerator.

I do find that when you stop the engine you need to have your foot firmly on the brake for the handbrake to automatically apply - just something you need to be aware of.
no avatar
User

Grey

Rank

Non Member

Postby Grey » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:43 pm

bcr5784 wrote:[quote=

I know!

If I hadn't got a Blue PE I'd find that price unacceptable - particularly as the Abyss Blue looks good too and is less than half the price. It is a shame that the range of colours is rather limited and (to me) mostly boring. Hopefully more colours will appear over time.[/quote]

Having second thoughts about the Pure now, having looked again at the Abyss blue Geneva show Legende - it looks really classy with the brown interior in the photos. Anyone seen how the brown looks in the flesh?
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Postby hmy7k » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:49 pm

The Legende they had at Goodwood had a brown interior.

It looked more GT than sports car, more comfortable and the colour worked well.

Personally I prefer the PE/Pure interior but if you want more comfort then it’s worth a look.
no avatar
User

Braemar

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Postby Braemar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:16 pm

I was going through the spec sheets for Pure and Legende the other day and the more I look at it .. the more I’m surprised they bothered with 2 new names as the specs are quite interchangeable.

I love the Pure style seats in the PE but the Carbon Fibre does look glossier in the Legende.

In terms of options that I would spec based on the first 800 miles in the PE.

I’d spec the telemetrics as I find it useful for checking oil temperature . I don’t feel the car needs a rear view camera as the view is not that bad and the mirrors are massive.

I find the Focal hifi good enough ... certainly wouldn’t spec both the high end Focal hifi plus the sports exhaust... one would be fighting the other.

I’d remember to check the box to get the Alpine badge on the wheel in blue ... for me this should be Standard.

I love the looks of the big blue brakes and would probably spec those along with the Serac wheels.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 am

hmy7k wrote:
stephendell wrote:If any visits a dealer with a pure or legende in stock could they please take some photos of the standard brakes. I am interested to see if they are still Brembo 4 pot calipers front and electric handbrake rear but just smaller with smaller discs. I have only ever seen the Blue PE brakes and there are no pictures of the standard ones in the brochures. Thanks

According to the Options Brochure for the Pure, the standard brakes are anthracite grey coloured, with integrated handbrake, 4 pot front calipers and single piston rear. Doesn't mention them being Brembo for the standard but they may well be.

There won't be any Pure and Legende cars in the showrooms until the new year although there is the grey one, they had at Goodwood, doing the rounds of various events.

The Legende at the coffee morning at the Manchester Alpine centre on the 16-09-18 is, I believe, the one that was at Goodwood and currently visiting the dealerships.
Your question, Stephen, came after the visit so I wasn't able to ask the question but here's a photo of the car. Judging by the colour those appear to be the high performance brakes.

Grey wrote:
Having second thoughts about the Pure now, having looked again at the Abyss blue Geneva show Legende - it looks really classy with the brown interior in the photos. Anyone seen how the brown looks in the flesh?

Photo attached of the interior of the Legende that was at the coffee morning. I think it looked good although my preference would be for the black interior with this particular paint finish. Purely my opinion, but I didn't think the thunder grey paint finish and brown interior were a mutually complementary combination. The brown, I think, might look better with some of the other paint finishes. As I said, purely my opinion, each to their own taste.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
no avatar
User

Grey

Rank

Non Member

Postby Grey » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:46 am

johnb wrote:
hmy7k wrote:

The Legende at the coffee morning at the Manchester Alpine centre on the 16-09-18 is, I believe, the one that was at Goodwood and currently visiting the dealerships.
Your question, Stephen, came after the visit so I wasn't able to ask the question but here's a photo of the car. Judging by the colour those appear to be the high performance brakes.

Grey wrote:

Photo attached of the interior of the Legende that was at the coffee morning. I think it looked good although my preference would be for the black interior with this particular paint finish. Purely my opinion, but I didn't think the thunder grey paint finish and brown interior were a mutually complementary combination. The brown, I think, might look better with some of the other paint finishes. As I said, purely my opinion, each to their own taste.

Thanks for the photos,.
I agree, I think the brown looks better with the Abyss blue.
The Fuchs look nice in all silver though.
It was much easier when it was just Premier Edition!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks for the photo. Yes those are clearly the upgrade brakes. I wonder if there are any cars actually out there with the standard ones. Maybe they look terrible for promotional purposes!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Grey

Rank

Non Member

Postby Grey » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:11 pm

stephendell wrote:

Thanks for the photo. Yes those are clearly the upgrade brakes. I wonder if there are any cars actually out there with the standard ones. Maybe they look terrible for promotional purposes!

As i’ve already posted, the white one in this link has the standard brakes (and 17” wheels)
https://www.asphalte.ch/forum/viewtopic ... &start=990
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Postby hmy7k » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:29 pm

I have a question re locking the car.

If you lock the car using the fob or the button, then, it appears that the only way to unlock it is to use the same method.
I have tried the opposite and it doesn't seem to work.

Therefore it would appear that for security locking with the fob rather than the button on the door is better as you would have to have access to the fob. This means using a signal repeater to steal your car using the keyless go won't work.

Can anyone confirm my thoughts?
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:59 am

Oh I hope that is the case ! Good spot.
Must admit I’ve never seen the need for keyless go and wouldn’t have specced it but it is standard so I’ve got it.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement