New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby bcr5784 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:33 pm

Griff500 wrote:
bcr5784 wrote:Mine had it on both doors. There are two possible causes. 1) the door pull screw is loose or 2) a damper pad is missing. You need to get the door trim off to fix either.

I take it this is just the usual case of easing something non abrasive between the door trim and door and gently levering off the trim? I take it the damper pad is to keep two things from touching each other? Which 2 things? I need to go back to the dealer anyway for the oil solenoid recall, so I'll see if they can also to the doors. If not I'll try myself.

I did try it myself but the plastic covers on the screws attaching the door panel (3 of them) were difficult to remove without damaging the door trim (I do have a cheap set of tools for the job). So in the end I thought it safer for the garage to do it.
no avatar
User

Wobblywheel

Rank

Non Member

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 am

Postby Wobblywheel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:24 am

Concerning rattling doors I talked to the mechanic at my Alpine Centre. He had located the source to a clip that is attaching the inner door panel to the door steel frame. There is a space here that needs to be filled up. He is in discussion with the factory to find the best way adress it. There is warning here for those who is attemped to DIY - there is airbag sensors in the door....
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:39 pm

reprs wrote:Alternator still on back order from France! That'll be nearly three weeks now. UNBELIEVABLE!

Can anyone help Renault West London get an Alpine A110 PE Alternator from Dieppe? It seems that after three weeks of having the car the alternator is still in France FFS!!!

It is such a pity that the enjoyment of ownership of such a brilliant car (apart from crap DAB Radio) is waning. It looks like I will be without it for some time yet which, including two week long visits for windscreens, service and software upgrades, means in in one year's ownership the car will have been away for 6 weeks and counting![/quote]

Quick update today......alternator still in France!!!! You couldn't make it up![/quote]A woeful tale..hope they sort it soon.

I see Mark (well done Mark) has made a comment on the twitter feed...in reply to Alpine's boast of Quality.Image

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thanks Mark, Alpine West London seem to be trying their hardest but with little luck at the moment. I LinkedIn InMailed Malcolm Banfield the Alpine Territory Manager UK who has responded saying he is aware and is in contact with the Paris support team to see what is going on. Just now also contacted Alistair Sommerville PR Manager Groupe Renault UK and Ireland as he needs to be aware. Asked him what the plans are for extended warranties when the time comes should I decided to keep it beyond that. Keep you posted.[/quote]

Car coming back tomorrow at last. Andrew Cochrane at Renault West London has been great. They have loaned me an Alpine for the past few days. There still seem to be major parts delivery problems though for others though.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm

reprs wrote:
reprs wrote:Alternator still on back order from France! That'll be nearly three weeks now. UNBELIEVABLE!

Can anyone help Renault West London get an Alpine A110 PE Alternator from Dieppe? It seems that after three weeks of having the car the alternator is still in France FFS!!!

It is such a pity that the enjoyment of ownership of such a brilliant car (apart from crap DAB Radio) is waning. It looks like I will be without it for some time yet which, including two week long visits for windscreens, service and software upgrades, means in in one year's ownership the car will have been away for 6 weeks and counting!

Quick update today......alternator still in France!!!! You couldn't make it up![/quote]A woeful tale..hope they sort it soon.

I see Mark (well done Mark) has made a comment on the twitter feed...in reply to Alpine's boast of Quality.Image

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thanks Mark, Alpine West London seem to be trying their hardest but with little luck at the moment. I LinkedIn InMailed Malcolm Banfield the Alpine Territory Manager UK who has responded saying he is aware and is in contact with the Paris support team to see what is going on. Just now also contacted Alistair Sommerville PR Manager Groupe Renault UK and Ireland as he needs to be aware. Asked him what the plans are for extended warranties when the time comes should I decided to keep it beyond that. Keep you posted.[/quote]

Car coming back tomorrow at last. Andrew Cochrane at Renault West London has been great. They have loaned me an Alpine for the past few days. There still seem to be major parts delivery problems though for others though.[/quote]

I rate Andrew highly - and I know he is as frustrated (well perhaps nearly) as you. Alpine are in danger of shooting themselves in the foot. The dealership is very thin on the ground - so anything that makes it difficult for them to give good service is potentially very damaging.
no avatar
User

Simon1397

Rank

Non Member

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Postby Simon1397 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Quick question, I did a search but nothing came up.

I've been a bit surprised and perplexed why my Pure was running quite hard over broken tarmac; it was not my recollection from the test drive. So, a quick look at the tyre pressure chart suggests 35psi (2.4 bar) for 'eco' driving; 29/31 for road driving and 29/29 for track.

I've knocked it down to the road settings (was on 34/35 from the PDI) but haven't driven it yet - does anyone have any recommendations they'd like to share? Thanks.
1981 Renault 5 Turbo 1
2019 Alpine A110 Pure
no avatar
User

timhum

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Postby timhum » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:09 pm

I use 29/30 and find it fine for my style of driving and comfort.

Tim
Tim
A110 PE, 2018, Blue.
Jaguar E Type S1, 1965, 4.2l, fhc, Carmen Red.
Triumph TR3a 1960, Red, O/D, Heater!
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:46 am

Simon1397 wrote:Quick question, I did a search but nothing came up.

I've been a bit surprised and perplexed why my Pure was running quite hard over broken tarmac; it was not my recollection from the test drive. So, a quick look at the tyre pressure chart suggests 35psi (2.4 bar) for 'eco' driving; 29/31 for road driving and 29/29 for track.

I've knocked it down to the road settings (was on 34/35 from the PDI) but haven't driven it yet - does anyone have any recommendations they'd like to share? Thanks.

It seems common for cars to be delivered with high pressures - even above the eco pressures, mine was. I think you will find that running the eco pressures will spoil the ride and make the car nervous at speed - and particularly sensitive to side winds. I think the eco pressures are just that - intended to get the lowest emission figures. I'd definitely stick with the road settings.

If you are looking for help on any issues you have I would recommend the FAR website https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewforum.php?f=80 It's in French but if you browse with google Chrome you can get an (albeit imperfect) automatic translation without the nause of going via Google Translate. The site is much more active than this one on the new A110 and is a mine of useful information (not to mention some amusement to be gained from some mangled transations).
no avatar
User

Simon1397

Rank

Non Member

Postby Simon1397 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:58 am

Thank you for that. Yes, the handbook says the eco pressure's may affect comfort! They are not wrong there. I'd been trying to perseve with the set up but it was a drive from Coleford to St. Briavels last weekend on a damp, leafy day that I didn't really enjoy. The car was quite skittish, even keeping under 3,500rpm; can't see any reason to use the eco pressure's - I'm getting nearly 40mpg already.
Comparison wasn't helped by driving the R5 Turbo on the same road the month before. I shall have to go back and have another go with the Alpine!

I'll have a look at the FAR website. Used to failing to cope with my rubbish French and dodgy translation when I'm ordering parts for the 5 Turbo.
1981 Renault 5 Turbo 1
2019 Alpine A110 Pure
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Not seen anyone complain about skittishness - but there are quite a few complaints about nervousness in side winds. Some of that is undoubtedly a pressure related issue. Mine is fine - not as rock stable as my 981S Cayman was - but absolutely fine at high speed in the recent high winds. I personally suspect the car is sensitive to geo - but I haven't checked mine and I really should. Others (on FAR) have found their cars were delivered with the geo not conforming to spec, so if you continue to have stability issues it may be worth checking.

I note that Alpine say the new A110S is engineered for more stability. From reading rA110 reviews it sounds to me that they have simply engineered a bit more understeer in. Personally I wouldn't like that.
no avatar
User

Simon1397

Rank

Non Member

Postby Simon1397 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Don't want to get into a conversation about semantics but 'skittish' was just shorthand to suggest that I wasn't comfortable with the way the car handled on a damp, bumpy, leaf-strewn road that I'm not familiar with; I'm happy to suggest that this down to the high, hard tyre pressures and perhaps some trepidation (due to the above) on my part but I expect to be reassured not on edge on these types of roads and conditions. I will go back once the flood waters have receded and give it another go.
1981 Renault 5 Turbo 1
2019 Alpine A110 Pure
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

Postby nyc863 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am

I did it, I pulled the trigger on a new PE. One of just a few left unsold in Australia. Obviously while owners here love them, they're not getting the mindshare of Supra and so on.
Went round and round in circles chasing my tail for a long time, order pure? ex-stock pure? demo PE? even spent an evening convinced I should stretch to order an A110S, and wait.
finally decided the PE works out best for my situation.
Can't wait.
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Postby sladey » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:27 am

You won’t regret it
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

Postby nyc863 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:25 am

of course a few days later alpine announce production cut by 50% in 2020 . not sure what that means for depreciation. Not sure I care.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Can't speak for others but depreciation was never a concern for me. I don't change cars that often.

The car is superb and if production numbers stay low I think that will help support used prices. There is nothing else quite like it except, perhaps, a more expensive Lotus.

Enjoy the car
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:20 pm

LMS wrote:
The car is superb and if production numbers stay low I think that will help support used prices. There is nothing else quite like it except, perhaps, a more expensive Lotus.

Enjoy the car

My thoughts exactly. Part of my decision process was that I didn't want to drive a cliché, and that is how I view the Cayboxes: In my adopted homeland of Provence, every retired couple, whether British, German, Belgian or French, appear to have celebrated their retirement by buying a Porsche. Lotus sell less than 3000 cars per year. As long as Alpine sell enough to be commercially viable, I will be happy. Lotus and Alpine offer an exclusivity that is hard to find elsewhere, in addition to being absolutely brilliant cars. Better to retain that exclusivity, than tarnish the brand rebadging high end Renault hatchbacks!
PreviousNext

• Advertisement