User

MusikArbeiter

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:30 pm

New Forum Member - Looking for an early A310

Postby MusikArbeiter » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi,

Sorry to post this in the General Discussion but it appears that I cannot post in the Sales and Wanted Section, probably because I've joined the Forum as a means to hopefully become a Renault Alpine owner in the near future and a paid up member of the club.

My name is Alasdair and I am based in the north-east of Scotland, about 30 miles south of Aberdeen and I am on the hunt for an early A310 Alpine, the 4 cylinder versions with 6 headlights, a VE, VF or VG.

I appreciate that these cars are very rare in the UK (and pretty rare in France too) but if anyone in the club is aware of any within the UK that may be coming up for sale or if there is an owner who would be happy to let me see and discuss their car (pros and cons of ownership etc) with I would be most grateful for any leads the Club or Forum members could provide.

There are certainly a few in the UK, one being featured in Classic & Sportscar a few years finished in silver. I was glad to see the car got a good write-up from the magazine as there is so little information about these early cars in the UK and in English.

I've never owned an Alpine before but I have owned similar mid / rear-engined cars in the past, for example a Matra Murena and a Series 1 Lotus Elise Sport 135.

Always loved the look of the first generation A310's and would love to own one.

If anyone can help please get in touch.

Cheers,

Alasdair.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: New Forum Member - Looking for an early A310

Postby Custard » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:51 pm

You need to message Steven dell, he has one that he is restoring which he might be tempted to sell if the money was right or he might no someone.
no avatar
User

MuzikArbeiter

Rank

Non Member

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Postby MuzikArbeiter » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi Custard,

Thanks for the advice. I will drop Steven a Private Message and see if he gets back to me.

I did wonder if the owner of the silver 4 cylinder A310 car featured in the July 2014 Classic Cars magazine was a Club Member so located my copy of the mag to refresh my memory.

The car in question was then owned by a Derek Flavell who states he is a member of this club. Does anyone know if Derek still has the car or not and is he still an active member?
I don't want to bother him of course but if he still has the car or knows where it is and there is a possibility of it coming up for sale I would be interested to see it.

In the meantime, I will message Steve.

Thanks for responding.

Al.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Postby Custard » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 am

I might be mistaken but I think that is owned by a friend of mine now what was the reg, it’s a very sorted car. The one Steven is doing is the same.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:02 am

When I saw your post and the mention of the silver A310 I did think it might be the one owned by Derek Flavell.
Over the last few years Derek has helped me in the sourcing of secondhand engines and other components which I've used in my cars. When I first visited him several years ago he had the A310, a very nice car by the way, but on a later visit the car was sold.
I don't know it's current whereabouts I'm afraid or of any other 4 cylinder car for sale. Best of luck in your searches.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
no avatar
User

MuzikArbeiter

Rank

Non Member

Postby MuzikArbeiter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:48 am

Hi Custard and johnb,

OK, the reg of the silver A310 4 is PKE 359L.

Last night I actually re-read the Classic Cars magazine feature (should have done that before posting comments!) and according to the article Derek had sold / traded the car for an early De Tomaso Pantera (like those as well, the A310 shape not a million miles away from the Pantera shape) so the car was up for sale with Justin Banks, the classic car dealer when the feature was written back in 2014.

Does that match / ring any bells with either of you? As you said, looks a pretty nice car and the reviewer on Classic Cars really liked it. More fun to drive than a 911 from the same period and much more interesting to look at!
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Postby Custard » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:59 am

Yes that is my friends car it is in v good condition and I think has won a few best in show events, doubt he will sell it but like every thing there is always an irresistible offer.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am

Can't remember the registration of Derek's car but it does sound like the one. He had the Pantera when I visited a second time, another very nice car.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
no avatar
User

MuzikArbeiter

Rank

Non Member

Postby MuzikArbeiter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:58 pm

OK Guys,

Thanks for all the info. I guess I will wait for Steve to get in touch.

If your friend is interested in selling or has a price in mind drop me a message.

Cheers,

Al.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Postby Custard » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Sent you a message did you get it
no avatar
User

MuzikArbeiter

Rank

Non Member

Postby MuzikArbeiter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Custard,

Nope! Didn't get the message plus my message to Steve Dell appears to be stuck in the Outbox and is not in the Sent Messages folder....Strange!

Going to try again and send Steve another one. If that fails I will try and email the Administrator.

By the way, I messed up with my registration on the site. My initial username - MusikArbeiter - I forgot the password and got locked out. There appears to be no "I forgot my password" option on the Login screens on this site but the FAQ says there should be?

So I registered again as MuzikArbeiter (z instead of s). Which Username did you message to? You will have to message to MuzikArbeiter as thats the one I am using now. I did email the Site Admin about this but have had no response.

Cheers,

Al.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Stephen is either still in the USA or on his way back, hence the lack of responses. PM's will stick in the outbox until read..... best to email him anyway. mail@renaultalpine.co.uk
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:36 am

Hi, I just picked up the message and have replied.

Howard bought Derek's old silver car and it's nice. I haven't seen him for a while although it sounds like Stuart has.

I think it would take a very strong offer to tempt him to sell.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement