User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

New A110 - Recalls

Postby cloudburst » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:49 am

Anyone know of a recall which affects UK PE owners?

Apparently a letter went out from Alpine to French owners on 20th Dec about a recsll to fix a fusebox issue that could affect the operation of the engine bay fans.

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Re: New A110 - Recalls

Postby AlpineMcr » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:54 am

cloudburst wrote:Anyone know of a recall which affects UK PE owners?

Apparently a letter went out from Alpine to French owners on 20th Dec about a recsll to fix a fusebox issue that could affect the operation of the engine bay fans.

CB
A letter will be sent from Alpine centrally regarding two quality update operations, including the one you mentioned.

They're relatively small jobs so you should be able to have it done as part of a waiting appointment.

Also gives you the opportunity to have a look at the differences with the Première, Pure and Legende, while you're in.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions on it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:02 pm

Personally, I would expect for such a low volume of cars sold in the UK, that the 6-8 dealers would be looking after their customers and getting in touch directly.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 pm

simontaylor wrote:Personally, I would expect for such a low volume of cars sold in the UK, that the 6-8 dealers would be looking after their customers and getting in touch directly.
Thanks for your feedback, Simon. As long as it gets done, I genuinely don't see how it makes any difference but I'll take in on board

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:38 pm

I must admit this is the kind of thing they should be using the app for rather than just telling us about another award that has been won.

I tried to contact Alpine about this via the app but it is useless - click on the contact alpine icon and it takes you to a link that assumes you are Joe public with no vested interest in the vehicles. If I’m signed in on the app and own a car I expect a hotline/direct email to customer support.

On the basis we have bought cars and one recall involves a fuse box for the cooling fans I’m a tad concerned...
I don’t always have an opportunity to make calls during the working day so email is better for me at times.
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Postby olliep » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 am

I not had or herd anything

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Apparently some of the French guys are being told that it can be done at the annual service, which hopefully means it isn't that serious.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:15 pm

bcr5784 wrote:Apparently some of the French guys are being told that it can be done at the annual service, which hopefully means it isn't that serious.

Got a letter through the post today about the recall - apparently shouldn't be put off. Only a while you wait job. Affects the fuse for the cooling fans and some software issue associated with the headlights.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:41 pm

bcr5784 wrote:Only a while you wait job.

Not so easy when you live in Northern Ireland.

Would be great to know:
A) how urgent this fix really is
B) whether this applies to all UK cars or only those before a certain build date
C) how much can be done by the Renault service network - I’ve heard a number of opinions on whether they will be able to do stuff like this, annual services etc.

@AlpineMcr - can you shed light?

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Postby olliep » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:02 pm

bcr5784 wrote:
bcr5784 wrote:Apparently some of the French guys are being told that it can be done at the annual service, which hopefully means it isn't that serious.

Got a letter through the post today about the recall - apparently shouldn't be put off. Only a while you wait job. Affects the fuse for the cooling fans and some software issue associated with the headlights.

got a letter this morning two mines in next week for the window screen (now with a crack at both sides)
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:37 pm

cloudburst wrote:
bcr5784 wrote:Only a while you wait job.

Not so easy when you live in Northern Ireland.

Would be great to know:
A) how urgent this fix really is
B) whether this applies to all UK cars or only those before a certain build date
C) how much can be done by the Renault service network - I’ve heard a number of opinions on whether they will be able to do stuff like this, annual services etc.

@AlpineMcr - can you shed light?

CB

Hi guys,

Covering the questions above without any waffle...

A) how urgent this fix really is - Alpine would like this to be done with a reasonable amount of urgency. We don't expect you all to book in within the next couple of days but would prefer the updates were done sooner rather than later.
B) whether this applies to all UK cars or only those before a certain build date - I've looked through all Manchester delivered P.E's and all are required. I looks like it will be necessary to do the work on all pre-WLTP vehicles.
C) how much can be done by the Renault service network - I’ve heard a number of opinions on whether they will be able to do stuff like this, annual services etc. - The vehicle needs to go to an Alpine Centre, to be inspected and updated by the specifically trained Alpine technician

I fully appreciate some of you will have to make special journeys to have the work done, which will require some planning...on a positive note though, it will be extra time in the driving seat of the A110!

Please feel free to let me know if you need anything or have any other questions.

Ian Duncalfe
Alpine Centre Manchester
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:18 am

Struggling to find time to fit this in ASAP.
Has anyone had it done yet? If it is merely replacing a fuse I can do that myself. Must admit cooling system issues concern me more than headlamps (situation would be reversed in the outside lane at night!)
It took Alpine UK quite some time to inform us so it can't be that urgent can it? Last time I took a car in for a recall (not an Alpine) the recall work caused the exact problem they were trying to avoid...Coolant header tanks were cracking in Saabs - mine wasn't but they did the recall work anyway. Shame they didnt connect the hoses again so coolant gushed out when I drove it away.
no avatar
User

grassyknoll

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 am

Postby grassyknoll » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Four days after the letter arrived, booked in, was done as a while you wait in just over an hour.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:02 am

Do you know if any other foibles are fixed with the update. Main one for me is the hi-fi reverting to AM when I start the car despite me only using SD. A minor irritation in an otherwise excellent car.

So, I tried to book the car into my nearest dealership (not the one I purchased from) and no luck. When I called yesterday am I was told all Alpine staff were busy but the receptionist said they'd get back to me. Left them my email address as well. Heard nothing. This is why I didn't buy the car from them in the first place...
no avatar
User

Mike

Rank

Non Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Wonderland

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:44 pm

My car was fixed last week, i.e. the fuse of the engine bay fan was exchanged. No big issue. There is also a software update of the motor control available. It is always worth to update this (take around a hour).
Next

• Advertisement