Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

murf

Rank

Non Member

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Suffolk= between Diss, Thetford and Bury St Edmunds.

Spare Wheel Stowage

Postby murf » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:23 am

This is probably a silly question but how do you insert the spare wheel into it’s allotted niche in the engine bay without bending/breaking the dip stick tube, breaking the left hand engine bay cooling duct and or undoing the top joint of the large dia hose to the turbo housing?
Since buying the car the spare has always been stashed in the front boot but following on from my recent fuel gauge issue I’m now going to always carry a can of petrol so there will no longer be room for the spare wheel as well
It would be good to free up some space in the front and be able to store it where it’s supposed to go.

Murf.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Re: Spare Wheel Stowage

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:16 pm

It just squeezes in. It's a bit tight to start with but should fall in more or less once it's vertical.

Dipstick is really the only thing you have to really watch as it can snag on the bag.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

jonc

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:08 am

Oxfordshire

Postby jonc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:05 am

Make sure to remove the ducting on the left-hand-side of the engine bay. It connects to the engine cover when it's closed. It's a fiddle but it will drop in there. Worth wearing gloves as the heat-proof bag is fibreglass and some stray fibres can be uncomfortable!
no avatar
User

murf

Rank

Non Member

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Suffolk= between Diss, Thetford and Bury St Edmunds.

Postby murf » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:02 pm

I hadn't realised that the end section of the engine bay cooling duct is detachable! Easy when you know how. After some careful jiggling the spare wheel is now in it's allotted position awaiting a suitable length elastic hook strap to keep it secure. Thanks guys for the responses.

Murf.

• Advertisement