no avatar
User

Darcy57

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:43 am

spares in general

Postby Darcy57 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:14 pm

just wondered if there was any news on remaking rear light clusters here or in france. being new to gta owner ship i find it hard to believe that the renault clubs here and in france cant get together and reproduce these rarer items. most of the cars i have restored over the years have at least have had some back up at club level or from the manufacter from what i found so far renault are useless not interested at all. There are few of these cars left so the anseer can not be to scrap the poor cars for spares. many thanks brian.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Re: spares in general

Postby Dave Williams » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:38 pm

I just checked on the long running FAR forum thread..read this ...re the rear lights(covers) ..

https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewtop ... &start=800

It's in French...but...

Looks like there is a new batch being made in France. Bear in mind this is a new maker...so think they await the proof of the pudding in 2 to 3 weeks. All very commendable !!

One to watch ...it's EUR500 for a pair of just the covers...but...if it's your only option for original style.

RATS (clee) in the UK do a reworked rear light cluster.

The chap Anthony from FAR has found a different fabricator. (PhilTim had some made previously..but his fabricator could not make more..something about the availability of the materials used. Lee M in the UK bought a pair of these.).

PhilTim on FAR also has the side vents made and the rear grille...so there are some folk.

Also check Simon auto...I see the odd update every couple if months from Simon on their twitter feed.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:57 pm

The rear light covers are by these folk...
If you check their website and search "alpine" ...they have remanufactured front indicators ....

http://www.phenix-retroconcept.com

Seems promising then for the rears !!

User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:08 am

I’m waiting to see a pair of the repro indicators and side vents in person if anyone has bought them.

While clearly better than no or broken oem parts the finish of the repro indicators in photos that I’ve seen is less than perfect. Look at the black line detailing.

42B13F3B-1C83-462D-AA09-1B3F767DACED.jpeg

CECB119D-1D52-4EE2-A7A2-BEF25860C32E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Darcy57

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:43 am

Postby Darcy57 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 am

well at least some progress seems to be being made that will only encourage people to restore rather than scrap for profit. i think i could live with a wobberly line if it helps to but more of these cars back on the road. brian.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:40 am

yes, there is some discussion about the quality of the front indicators, but they claim to have sorted the milkiness issue on the latest batch. I'm asking for some pictures before I consider buying. To be fair the GTA indicators are hideously complex in the details.
My rear lenses are OK, 95% vs originals in my opinion, but with the advantage that they are still flexible so should remain uncracked for a while.
The Lotus applications of the rear light covers makes reproduction more financially attractive. 610 ones are unlikely as they are way more complex and smaller numbers to cars to use them.
no avatar
User

terry64

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Wolverhampton, West Midlands

Postby terry64 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:26 pm

stephendell wrote:I’m waiting to see a pair of the repro indicators and side vents in person if anyone has bought them.

While clearly better than no or broken oem parts the finish of the repro indicators in photos that I’ve seen is less than perfect. Look at the black line detailing.

42B13F3B-1C83-462D-AA09-1B3F767DACED.jpeg

CECB119D-1D52-4EE2-A7A2-BEF25860C32E.jpeg

Looks like I was lucky in obtaining the best of the last couple from you Stephen!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:57 am

Yes you were super lucky!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Looks like Simon Auto now have gta indicators...
Eur199

Did I imagine these were £40 or so from Renault 10 years ago...when they had stock.

Are these different from the ones above..with the wobbly lines

https://www.simon-auto-shop.de/epages/S ... cts/161029

Sent from my motorola one zoom using Tapatalk
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:37 pm

I’m guessing they are the same ones. Can’t imagine there would be two different companies remanufacturing them.

• Advertisement