no avatar
User

alpine744

Rank

Non Member

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Re: Turbo fuel issue

Postby alpine744 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:24 pm

JohnSRutter wrote:"This pump feeds an auxiliary tank near the rear pump. The rear high pressure pump draws from this tank via a filter with screw fittings"
hi im looking at a GTA with fuel issues and am about to replace a seized rear pump, your quote implies the fuel is drawn through the filter is this correct ?it looks to me that the fuel is pushed through the filter by the pump
there is no fuel coming out of the low pressure pipe which goes onto the fuel pump even on cranking so i am wondering if the seized pump may be due to running dry or crap in the system causing a front pump or blocked pipe issue?

Hi John

Yes, you are correct - the rear pump does push the fuel through the filter which is next to it, and then on to the engine.

If you have no fuel from the low pressure pipe, then I would certainly check whether the front pump is operating correctly (or at all). They are reasonably prone to failure. There is also an additional fuel filter between the fuel tank and the front pump - worth checking for any blockage.

Hope this is of help.

Craig
User

pgoldsmith

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:14 pm

West Moors, Dorset

Re: Turbo fuel issue

Postby pgoldsmith » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:59 pm

Front pumps are very simple, low cost and straight forward to replace.
When I had fuelling issues I replaced both the front pump and filter as well as the rear pump and filter.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/External-Ele ... #vi-ilComp
GTA Turbo 1991 - Stratos blue
Previous

• Advertisement