mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: A610 Wiper Motor Replacement.

Postby mettersl » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:23 am

Hi Barry,
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough...I have the Alpine 60 XX number, what I was hoping for was the Renault 77XX number from the cross reference list mentioned in your email.
I have ordered a second hand Mk1 clio motor and rack to check compatibility with my GTA. The 610 is still having a break up north...but should be back soon. MOT next week I'm told.
Best regards
Lee
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:09 pm

I have got the Clio mk1 motor and its the same as the RHD GTA/610 motor, even the same colour wires coming out of the motor as in your picture of the one from your 610...however the connector is similar but not identical so you need to swap the connector body and move the pins around to make it fit. you also need to remove the connector bracket.
You will need to reuse your original connector (looks to be the same type and pins, but a different body so they wont plug in) and with a set of pin release tools (see ebay) remove the pins from the old one and move them over to the new one (different pattern). Put the new pins in the same positions for the colours as the 610 motor. (This Clio motor is the same as my GTA's).
You need to remove the water proofing sleeve on both connectors, so you need to get some heat shrink sleeve and silicon to waterproof the new one. You re-use the pins in the new connector.
Just check the new motor cable is long enough before you start, if it isn't then cut the connector from the old motor and splice it on matching the colours.

Clio motor now in my spares box...
WP_20180424_003.jpg

20200201_155404[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

Bazzer501

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Barton Stacey, Hampshire

Postby Bazzer501 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:54 am

Hi Lee,

Thanks for all of your information. I'm sure this will be of use to lots of members in the future.
As I mentioned my A610 wiper motor has been sent by the garage to Robson & Francis Rewinds in London...be interesting to see what they can peacefully do with my motor. I'll post an update...!

Cheer, Barry.
Yellow 1993 Alpine Renault A610
Previous

• Advertisement