no avatar
User

jagcat12

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm

A610 brake lights

Postby jagcat12 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:06 pm

The brake lights on my A610 have been a constant source of trouble and now will not work at all
I do have the wiring diagram for these lights (see attached)and have checked the 10 amp fuse is OK then checked the brake light bulbs both OK
the rear light ,reverse light and the indicators are all working. To my untrained eye it looks like no current from the stop light switch ((No160 )to the lights when the pedal pressed. The earth looks common to all the lights. Any ideas please . Also where can I find the stop light switch?
No 155 is the reverse light switch

Thanks Dave g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: A610 brake lights

Postby mettersl » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:32 am

Stop light switch is in the pedal box under the cover. Its shared with lots of other stuff and euro car parts should sell you a new one for pennies (well, less than 10 quid).
I'd change that anyway, its one less thing to look for, and often its quite grubby down there.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Yes as Lee says it might be the brake light switch under the brake pedal. Mine went on my previous A610.

Picture:

1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:03 pm

If I remember rightly the switch works in the opposite state to that which you would expect. ie it is normally closed and only opens when the pedal is pressed. This along with its location means it is prone to sticking and failure
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

jagcat12

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Postby jagcat12 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:38 am

Hi

Have proved that it is the stop lamp switch by connecting across the wires and stop lights came on so will order a new one.
Attached is a photo of the switch and looks like it just screws in but I think there must be a lock nut at the back and do not see how to undo it as room is very limited,anyone done it before?

Thanks Dave g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

Bazzer501

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Barton Stacey, Hampshire

Postby Bazzer501 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:10 am

Hi Dave,
(Have proved that it is the stop lamp switch by connecting across the wires and stop lights came on so will order a new one.
Attached is a photo of the switch and looks like it just screws in but I think there must be a lock nut at the back and do not see how to undo it as room is very limited,anyone done it before?)

I have changed mine in the past and its much easier if you remove the Black plastic pedal cover completely, I think its only held in place by two torx screws, ease it round the pedals so you don't damage it, you can then access the lock-nut more easily.

While your down there is well worth having a good hoover, its amazing what crud gets behind the cover and also lubricate all of the linkages.
You can buy the switch on E Bay:

ALPINE A610 3.0 Brake Light Switch 1991 to 199595. Cambiare Genuine Quality Replacement - £6.51 including postage.

E Bay Item Number: 333492935617

Cheers, Barry.

A610 Brake Light Switch.jpg
Yellow 1993 Alpine Renault A610

• Advertisement