User

ace123

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Solid rocker covers wanted

Postby ace123 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi Alpinistes.

I'm tired of my deformed pressed tin rocker covers (see pic) on my GTA Atmo and the constant drip of oil on the exhaust.

Does anyone have anything more substantial cluttering their parts bin I could use?

Thanks in advance.

Feel free to email. glyn@ace123.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: Solid rocker covers wanted

Postby Custard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:05 pm

There should be a special metal plate washer that spreads the load, plus do not tighten them to tight and smear a small amount of sealer over the gasket and make sure that the cylinder head is totally oil free. That normally does the job on the plus side they are light comprared to the Ali ones.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:16 pm

Just enlarged the picture is your Holley set up right or your timing as you have black carbon deposits on your choke which is a sign off blowing back which is pretty dangerous and a quick way to catch fire, hope you are carrying fire extinguishers. Check your float bowl levels.
no avatar
User

ace123

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Postby ace123 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:18 pm

Hi custard.

This was taken during set up. I've since times it properly and it's now OK... I'll perse ere with the lightweight covers and take the advice. I may have overtightened...

• Advertisement