johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

A610 for sale on ebay

Postby johnb » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:35 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
User

Bazzer501

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Barton Stacey, Hampshire

Re: A610 for sale on ebay

Postby Bazzer501 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:01 am

Hi John,

I'm sure I've seen this car for sale somewhere else recently.
The garage name on the number plates is Maple Leaf. and Maple Leaf Garage is in Daventry Northants, I used the garage a few times when I lived in nearby Kilsby many years ago when they also had a GTA for sale so I wonder if it's the garage selling the A610. They are now mainly Subaru but used to sell lots of Renaults. Interesting that the sellers E-Bay name is maple508

Be interesting to see what it sells for given it only started at £1,000 and is currently at £20,000 (22 bids) and the Reserve Price has been met.

Cheers, Barry.
Yellow 1993 Alpine Renault A610
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:41 pm

Back down to 10k and under the reserve, looks like eBay dream bidders About.
As the car has not got a mention of rust work and knowing how prevalent rust can be in even dry stored examples, I’d have hoped for a bit more than an MOT inspection to achieve the full value.
Looks very tidy though, so maybe I’m just a pessimist.
Let’s hope it sells for a decent number, the history would say it deserves to.
User

Plug550

Rank

Non Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Northamptonshire

Postby Plug550 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:42 pm

[quote="Bazzer501"]Hi John,

I'm sure I've seen this car for sale somewhere else recently.
The garage name on the number plates is Maple Leaf. and Maple Leaf Garage is in Daventry Northants, I used the garage a few times when I lived in nearby Kilsby many years ago when they also had a GTA for sale so I wonder if it's the garage selling the A610. They are now mainly Subaru but used to sell lots of Renaults. Interesting that the sellers E-Bay name is maple508

Be interesting to see what it sells for given it only started at £1,000 and is currently at £20,000 (22 bids) and the Reserve Price has been met.

Cheers, Barry.[/quote]Yes Barry. It’s my car. Fed up of paying storage fees, so it’s going!!
Top bid owns it.
I’ve done the grand total of 600 miles in 8 years, and it’s been serviced 5 times in that time!

No rust in here Lee. Come and have a look! Although it’s always good to air these old wives tales....

If anyone would like to view it, please feel free, I’m on 07976 327160. Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:15 pm

If there genuine bidders then we’ll done, but I’m with lee I’m afraid they sweat from the inside out so by the time you see it it’s to late. The only way is a camera in the box sections by drilling a few holes, but it’s a nice looking car.
But all cars of this age have rust what ever the make, it’s just the comparable cost of repair and availability parts to fix the problem.

• Advertisement