User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Red alert!

Postby peterg » Fri May 07, 2004 12:47 am

Gentlemen...we have a dreamer!!!! Take a look at this on E-bay. Nice car no doubt, but get a load of that buy it now price, for a standard V6 atmo!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 24188&rd=1
User

technics

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 04, 2004 10:05 am

Bolton, Near Manchester

Postby technics » Fri May 07, 2004 7:59 am

Thats pretty cheap, in all the guides, ie CAP and Gallasi's, GTA's aren't worth that much, but in the ratings in Classic and Sports Car magazine, they reckon £20000 for concours condition and £7000 - £8000 for good condition. The price will only go up as they get older

Mine is insured for £8000 agreed value, and only costs me £365 Fully Comp :-)
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Values

Postby stephendell » Fri May 07, 2004 11:48 pm

Unfortunately Classic & Sports Car magazine are on another planet. For the good condition price read near concours! In their defence I think they have some of the models confused though if I remember their table correctly. I keep meaning to write to them with ammendments. If their prices were correct I'd be retired and living in the Bahamas!

GTA prices are slowly rising though after a slump in the mid to late 90's when you couldn't give them away. Even the price guides now value a Le Mans at close to £10K and GTA's at £4K-£5K. As little as two years ago they had them in the 100's like the 25 turbo.

You should always insure your car agreed value for at least £2K more than the bottom line replacement cost to allow you to bring another up to standard in event of theft or and accident.

For an accurate price guide just look on this site in the For Sale section. Based on the largest number of recent sales & purchases of GTA's in all conditions. The higher the better would be good as far as I'm concerned. Obviously the more cars sold at a higher price will bring prices up as owners will be reluctant to sell for less than a recent purchase. The market is still suffering the after effects of £2-£4K cars which owners can afford to sell more cheaply if they need cash in a hurry. A nice 1990 GTA turbo with mint leather (the best I've seen) and ABS went for £3.5K this week. Only needs a bit of TLC to the paint at the tops of the doors. £2-3K on a respray & it would be concours potential.

However, all said the price of the red atmo seems OK to me. The reserve is set at £4995 and it looks mint with leather. Peter, didn't you pay just over £6K for yours? Atmos are only worth about 10% less at present.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sun May 09, 2004 7:30 pm

Paid 6.....which is what his buy it now price is, and its a turbo with suspension, aftermarket alloys and has had an engine rebuild. On the other hand it doesnt work at the minute, but hey you cant have everything!!!!! :lol:
no avatar
User

Mike_GTA

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:58 pm

weston super mare

Postby Mike_GTA » Mon May 10, 2004 10:29 pm

The seller seems keen to sell, with no interest so far. Maybe an offer around £4k, and a bit of haggling I may be interested.

• Advertisement